Moto X: How is the battery life??

electrotwelve

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I get about 20 hours with moderate to heavy usage in a fairly strong signal zone. Turning mobile data off drastically improves battery availability. If I turn mobile data off (but keep wifi on), I get close to 36 hours with moderate usage.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: How is the battery life??

Thats great... but some folks here doesn't seem to b happy with d battery performance (not even bed to bed time)...... wat cud b d possible reason

Posted via Android Central App

The Moto X seems to suffer some inconsistency but I think Motorola is ok with this because their return policy is very lenient. I went through 5 devices before getting the one I am using and I know your saying to yourself "I don't want to deal with returning so many units to get a good one." They really do make it painless as possible. You just notify them you need a new one within the return period and they send you a code to make another one through MotoMaker and you don't have to return the one your using till the new one comes.

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

The Moto X seems to suffer some inconsistency but I think Motorola is ok with this because their return policy is very lenient. I went through 5 devices before getting the one I am using and I know your saying to yourself "I don't want to deal with returning so many units to get a good one." They really do make it painless as possible. You just notify them you need a new one within the return period and they send you a code to make another one through MotoMaker and you don't have to return the one your using till the new one comes.

I am an Indian and in India there is no Moto Maker and no offer as such. That's y I am bothered. Save battery i am in love with this masterpiece.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I am an Indian and in India there is no Moto Maker and no offer as such. That's y I am bothered. Save battery i am in love with this masterpiece.

Yeah that is definitely going to be a problem. Without a removable battery I wouldn't get the Moto X without the ability to return it easily.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Yeah that is definitely going to be a problem. Without a removable battery I wouldn't get the Moto X without the ability to return it easily.

You returned your phones for battery issues? Does the Moto X really have such inconsistent battery life? My guess is it's probably more that people's definition of "heavy user" and "moderate user" vary a lot.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Here's mine from yesterday. This is with about 1h of screen time, about 2h of podcast/music listening, on wifi about 90% of the time.

Motoxbattlife.png

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

I"m the same as Drvier8. Moto X will last all day if you don't use it much and you're on Wifi all day. But if you're making calls and using navigation (intermittently), the battery will go down to 30% near 4pm. My screen is on full bright but my background is black, I have everything turned on besides bluetooth and have about 4 emails and 3 chat app and four widgets.

That makes me nervous, so I carry a spare battery with me when I know I'll be out and about. Didn't have this problem with OG Maxx. However, that phone lagged to useless after about year and half.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

You returned your phones for battery issues? Does the Moto X really have such inconsistent battery life? My guess is it's probably more that people's definition of "heavy user" and "moderate user" vary a lot.

The first 2 had button issues. The 3rd had horrible signal issues. The 4th had a weak battery. Now 1,2,3 could of had battery issues but the process I use to test my devices leaves the battery last on the list and I stop after a fail. The 4th just passed everything but the battery.

Yes I agree the subjective manner of "use" is highly varied.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

The first 2 had button issues. The 3rd had horrible signal issues. The 4th had a weak battery. Now 1,2,3 could of had battery issues but the process I use to test my devices leaves the battery last on the list and I stop after a fail. The 4th just passed everything but the battery.

Yes I agree the subjective manner of "use" is highly varied.

Were you an early adopter? It's not always easy, but I've started waiting a couple of months after a new device hits before I buy just to make sure all the bugs are worked out in the manufacturing department. That said, mine has the FFC "issue" and I can't decide if I want to send it in.

But that's a topic for a different thread.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine for exactly two weeks today. I came from the iPhone 5 which had around 20% or less battery when I plugged it in. With just about the same usage, maybe a bit more since I am still playing with I am plugging it in with 30-40% battery.

So for me it has stellar battery life.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Were you an early adopter? It's not always easy, but I've started waiting a couple of months after a new device hits before I buy just to make sure all the bugs are worked out in the manufacturing department. That said, mine has the FFC "issue" and I can't decide if I want to send it in.

But that's a topic for a different thread.

I got my first one during the sale on Valentines day.

kansashokie

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

last three or four days my battery has been draining like crazy. i havent downloaded any new apps. anyone have a good suggest that tells you what apps are using the most of your battery percentage? i have better battery widget but it only shows you your stock battery usage. my google services seem a lot higher than in the past and want to know what specifically is draining it. i have my google location off and settings for display turned to battery saver and location set as battery saver. i have had those set that way since getting my moto x 6 months ago.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

last three or four days my battery has been draining like crazy. i havent downloaded any new apps. anyone have a good suggest that tells you what apps are using the most of your battery percentage? i have better battery widget but it only shows you your stock battery usage. my google services seem a lot higher than in the past and want to know what specifically is draining it. i have my google location off and settings for display turned to battery saver and location set as battery saver. i have had those set that way since getting my moto x 6 months ago.

Is the NSA data mining. RUN! ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member