Sending MMS

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I try to send a video message I get a notification that the video is too large. I am coming from an iPhone where a cab send an imessage that's quite long, is there something I can do to be able to send the video?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sending mms

Whenever I try to send a video message I get a notification that the video is too large. I am coming from an iPhone where a cab send an imessage that's quite long, is there something I can do to be able to send the video?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, I know what you mean. What you can do, is if you're using Google Hangouts as your SMS application client, whenever you're in an actual text message vs Google Hangouts IM if you could join the Attach button you can attach a picture or a video to that message without actually having to save that picture or video to your gallery hope that helps you out .

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sending mms

I assume that you are using the stock messsaging app then?
I was reading what I quoted below on the Moto X forums:

Hangouts is designed for MMS and may be able to handle that type of message better than the stock messaging app .
Also maybe you could both try an app from the Play Store?Such as Handcent SMS or Chomp SMS.
It would, at the very least, be a good way to troubleshoot to see if it is the default sms messaging app or not.

fortis2012

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that's the issue. I used to have an iPhone and never had a problem sending videos regardless of size, but with my Android the only video I've been able to send has been a 4 sec video on the lowest resolution. I phone automatically compress the video before sending but I haven't seen any option for this in Android.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon