New Google Camera App

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Did you all grab it? It actually came out yesterday. Now we can use Photo Sphere.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Trading the twist gesture and HDR mode for Photosphere and Lens Blur? I'll pass.
It doesn't replace the Motorola camera app which is accessed by the twist gesture. It just adds the Google Camera app. Although you *can* select which app is launched when swiping left from the lock screen. So for me this is a decent compromise for quick access to either app.

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't replace the Motorola camera app which is accessed by the twist gesture. It just adds the Google Camera app. Although you *can* select which app is launched when swiping left from the lock screen. So for me this is a decent compromise for quick access to either app.

That's precisely the point I'm making. If I plan on using Google Camera as my main camera app, the twist gesture won't launch me into it.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Or you could have the Google Camera installed for when you want to do Photosphere and Lens Blur and continue twisting for the Motorola Camera for the more frequent regular everyday shots. That is what I'm doing.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Been waiting for Photosphere. In fact, it's the only thing I was waiting for.
I still prefer the Moto camera app, but now I feel like I have everything I want in this phone. I use photosphere so infrequently, it's no skin to not have it on the default camera.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
That's precisely the point I'm making. If I plan on using Google Camera as my main camera app, the twist gesture won't launch me into it.

Then don't plan on doing that. Keep the Motorola camera app as the defualt - you can continue to launch it using the twist gesture, swiping on the lock screen, etc. But after installing the Google Camera app, you'll have an additional camera app, which you can use for PhotoSphere and Lens Blur. It's no different than installing a third party camera app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci