Now what?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
What are nightlys?

Optimizing my Moto X

Nightly builds are released by the end of each night. They haven't been fully tested and might have some bugs. Some work without any issues, but I try to flash release candidate or stable builds.

Sent from my G2 running PAC-ROM

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Nightly builds are released by the end of each night. They haven't been fully tested and might have some bugs. Some work without any issues, but I try to flash release candidate or stable builds.

So when I install the pac- ROM and gapps do I do it the same time? Or do i just install the ROM?

Optimizing my Moto X

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So when I install the pac- ROM and gapps do I do it the same time? Or do i just install the ROM?

Optimizing my Moto X

Install the ROM and matching Gapps at the same time. Custom recovery will give you the option to flash several zip files. It's also a good idea to wipe davlik, cache, and data before flashing.

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Install the ROM and matching Gapps at the same time. Custom recovery will give you the option to flash several zip files. It's also a good idea to wipe davlik, cache, and data before flashing.

So all my pics and music will be deleted.

Optimizing my Moto X

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So all my pics and music will be deleted.

Optimizing my Moto X

Yes, but if you do a factory reset from TWRP (different than factory data reset in stock recovery) it will delete app data, contacts, and texts. Pics, vids, and music won't gets deleted.

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but if you do a factory reset from TWRP (different than factory data reset in stock recovery) it will delete app data, contacts, and texts. Pics, vids, and music won't gets deleted.

So I flashed the Pacman ROM and liked it but one major flaw I found was the camera flick for the camera didn't work/exist. Gonna try some others. Thanks again

Optimizing my Moto X

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Sweet I'll try it out. Still gonna try a few other roms and see what's out there. Any suggestions?

Optimizing my Moto X

Carbon, Slimkat, and Liquid Smooth are nice ROMs. Depending on the build some might be missing certain Moto X features, but most can be added with a mod or app.

Sent from my G2 running Carbon 4.4.2

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Carbon, Slimkat, and Liquid Smooth are nice ROMs. Depending on the build some might be missing certain Moto X features, but most can be added with a mod or app.

Sent from my G2 running Carbon 4.4.2

How do I know if they are compatible with the Moto X? If it's 4.4.2 will it work with my phone?

Optimizing my Moto X

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
How do I know if they are compatible with the Moto X? If it's 4.4.2 will it work with my phone?

Optimizing my Moto X

If it says the ROM is compatible with all variants, then it will work on your Moto X. Some are only designed for the developer edition. You can find compatible ROMs on xda developers under moto x android development. ROM installer will also have a list of ROMs that can be downloaded and installed directly from the phone. .

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Reading all of this just makes me glad the Moto X offers such a strong stock experience that I don't feel any sort of need to root and install ROMs anymore.

Just...no.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Reading all of this just makes me glad the Moto X offers such a strong stock experience that I don't feel any sort of need to root and install ROMs anymore.

Just...no.

Yeah I second that. The Moto X is the first Android phone that I have not even rooted. Every phone I have had I ended up rooting within the first week.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey I just downloaded the xposed app you linked earlier, but when I try to install the framework it says "make sure your device is rooted correctly and shell commands aren't blocked" what does this mean? What do I do?

Posted via Android Central App

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey I just downloaded the xposed app you linked earlier, but when I try to install the framework it says "make sure your device is rooted correctly and shell commands aren't blocked" what does this mean? What do I do?

Posted via Android Central App

Is your phone rooted?

Optimizing my Moto X

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513