Charging habits

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
My battery only drops about 3% over night (I turn off data, wifi, gps, sync, and assist night mode on)

I then plug it in when I wake up and usually have 100% before I leave to work. Sometimes my battery last 1 whole day and I charge the next day after work...like 1 day and a half. I do not feel comfortable charging overnight

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't shut any of my radios off I don't feel there is a need to I guess wind-up usually charging it overnight every night

Posted via Android Central App

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There is zero danger of charging overnight. Shoot, leave the thing plugged in 24/7. It's not 1990 anymore. ;)

Rest assured, modern batteries are not going to overcharge. If one does, it's faulty, and it will die quickly regardless of how you treat it. Plug away with confidence. If it was a bad thing to do your device manual would say so.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There is zero danger of charging overnight. Shoot, leave the thing plugged in 24/7. It's not 1990 anymore. ;)

Rest assured, modern batteries are not going to overcharge. If one does, it's faulty, and it will die quickly regardless of how you treat it. Plug away with confidence. If it was a bad thing to do your device manual would say so.

Yup I fell asleep by accident before when charging my phone. No worries though.

sent from my Moto X , Android Central Moderator

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the s4 and when I plug my phone in at night and leave it charge until I wake up I unplug it at 96-98% when before I unplug it the phone shows 100%...why is that? I usually don't plug it in until it reaches 25% or lower. This is annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I charge my primary device every night regardless of the battery level. I may often do a top up charge during the day while sitting at my computer or while I'm busy in the lab even if it's only at 60%. Charge your battery when every you are able. There's no reason not too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital