05-21-2014 11:52 AM
61 123
tools
    Flip cases diminish the effectiveness of active display notifications imo.
    05-09-2014 09:34 PM
    Flip cases diminish the effectiveness of active display notifications imo.
    It does, I bought an Incipio Watson and a Poetic Flip book, but it does protect the screens hen you don't have a screen protector on and you don't have to flip the phone to get the time from active notifications its as easy as lifting a lid.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    05-10-2014 12:40 AM
    I have a flip case for my tablet but I just don't feel that type of case fits for a cell phone this is just my opinion. I had the old school Motorola brick flip phone for way to long and I will never go back to a flip action for a cell phone ever again.
    05-10-2014 10:17 AM
    I use this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=366363

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    05-10-2014 10:43 AM
    It's not just being careless. Accidents happen. That's why there are cases.

limitbreak09 and ScottMGS like this.
    05-16-2014 01:34 PM
    Don't get a case. Just don't be careless. You bought this nice phone, with a nice in-hand feel, and a nice little dimple on it, and you're just gonna cover it up with a slab of rubber? Seems silly to me...
    More silly than telling someone "just don't be careless?"
    You bought this nice phone, with a nice in-hand feel, and a nice little dimple on it, and you're just gonna cover it up with a slab of rubber? Don't get a case. Just don't be careless.
    Sounds familiar... and just as silly.
    ScottMGS likes this.
    05-16-2014 05:40 PM
    Sounds familiar... and just as silly.
    It makes perfect sense. You spend all of this money and you don't get to enjoy the aesthetics of the item you just bought. All people do is complain about how "cheap" certain phones feel, or how it isn't thin enough, or the bezels are too big. Why bother complaining about it if all you're going to do is cover it up? Manufacturers might as well make their phones out of cardboard, and just send you a free case. It will save them a lot of money.

When you buy a new car, do you cover it with rubber bumpers? When you buy a fancy watch, do you wrap it in bubble-wrap before putting it on your wrist? It's the same principle. If you're going to spend a lot of money on a product, be careful with it and enjoy it to its fullest.
    05-17-2014 12:48 AM
    It makes perfect sense. You spend all of this money and you don't get to enjoy the aesthetics of the item you just bought. All people do is complain about how "cheap" certain phones feel, or how it isn't thin enough, or the bezels are too big. Why bother complaining about it if all you're going to do is cover it up? Manufacturers might as well make their phones out of cardboard, and just send you a free case. It will save them a lot of money.

When you buy a new car, do you cover it with rubber bumpers? When you buy a fancy watch, do you wrap it in bubble-wrap before putting it on your wrist? It's the same principle. If you're going to spend a lot of money on a product, be careful with it and enjoy it to its fullest.
    Those analogies don't work.

benhaube likes this.
    05-17-2014 06:31 AM
    It makes perfect sense. You spend all of this money and you don't get to enjoy the aesthetics of the item you just bought...
    When I but a phone, function is the driving factor, not aesthetics. That may not be true for you.

Would you tell bicyclists to not wear a helmet, and "just don't be careless" instead?

If someone feels they need a case to protect their device, telling them "just don't be careless" doesn't make any sense.

Sent from my Moto X using TapaTalk
    A895 and ScottMGS like this.
    05-17-2014 11:34 AM
    Many of the most beautiful (and expensive) paintings in the world are in the hands of private collectors. Do you think all those paintings are displayed in plain view so the owners can enjoy their extraordinary beauty? Let't say some are framed on the walls in the owners' residences, do you think the owners look at those beautiful paintings all day long?
    05-17-2014 04:46 PM
    When I but a phone, function is the driving factor, not aesthetics. That may not be true for you.

Would you tell bicyclists to not wear a helmet, and "just don't be careless" instead?

If someone feels they need a case to protect their device, telling them "just don't be careless" doesn't make any sense.

So you feel that comparing a cell phone to a bicyclist's head is a more appropriate analogy than comparing it to a car?? See, your head is a vital body part. Your car is a tool, like a phone, that you paid for to use and enjoy.

Just based off of what I've seen, most people know how to handle a phone without breaking it. All you're doing is feeding into a phone accessories industry that is needlessly raking in billions of dollars.
    05-17-2014 06:25 PM
    So you feel that comparing a cell phone to a bicyclist's head is a more appropriate analogy than comparing it to a car?? See, your head is a vital body part. Your car is a tool, like a phone, that you paid for to use and enjoy.

Just based off of what I've seen, most people know how to handle a phone without breaking it. All you're doing is feeding into a phone accessories industry that is needlessly raking in billions of dollars.
    Please leave this thread. You are just trying to stir the pot.

05-17-2014 07:25 PM

Car insurance is a requirement for a reason. Those reasons are called accidents. Same reason people use cases.
    Golfdriver97 and A895 like this.
    05-17-2014 07:42 PM
    Friendly reminder to keep things civil and productive. If you don't care for a post, please move on. Hit the report button if you think someone is violating the rules. Thanks!
    limitbreak09 likes this.
    05-17-2014 07:54 PM

I take it you value appearance above function. Well you will find much more practical minded people here.

I will take 2 of those car sized rubber bumpers please.
    05-17-2014 09:30 PM

Exactly! I chose to put a case on my moto X because I'm a mechanic and working on cars all day bumping against things with the phone clipped to my waist takes a toll. My hands also get dirty and I wanted to save the back.

I use the Seidio Surface case with the belt clip. Its really nice with its soft touch rubbery plastic. It has saved me from droping the phone several times.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    mth785 likes this.
    05-17-2014 11:39 PM
    I take it you value appearance above function. Well you will find much more practical minded people here.

I will take 2 of those car sized rubber bumpers please.
    If I buy an item that is meant to serve as both (appearance and function), which is why phone manufacturers design their phones the way they do, then I want it to serve both purposes. By covering it up, you've eliminated a portion of your initial investment in the phone.

And you should all stop pretending that you don't complain about "build quality" of phones (especially when it comes to Samsung phones). You complain about how "cheap" it feels in your hand, but why bother complaining about it, if "function" is all that matters? Why try to make the phone small? Why try to make it light? If it's all about function, then that shouldn't matter. Of course, appearance DOES matter. That's a big part of why people buy the phones they do.

Car insurance is a requirement for a reason. Those reasons are called accidents. Same reason people use cases.
    That's why phone companies have insurance for your phone as well.
    05-18-2014 01:15 AM
    Using a case so offending sensibilities that it results in a need to judge and cast aspersions upon others. What about tolerance, freedom to choose and live and let live.
    05-18-2014 06:18 AM
    If I buy an item that is meant to serve as both (appearance and function), which is why phone manufacturers design their phones the way they do, then I want it to serve both purposes. By covering it up, you've eliminated a portion of your initial investment in the phone.

And you should all stop pretending that you don't complain about "build quality" of phones (especially when it comes to Samsung phones). You complain about how "cheap" it feels in your hand, but why bother complaining about it, if "function" is all that matters? Why try to make the phone small? Why try to make it light? If it's all about function, then that shouldn't matter. Of course, appearance DOES matter. That's a big part of why people buy the phones they do.
    Actually your logic is flawed if people care about phone appearances so much why isn't the HTC M8 and M7 selling so well? Why does Samsung continue to do so well? Well that's because people don't care about looks, the smartphone market is ruled by trends. That means Apple and Samsung will continue to do well and along with that the greatest number if phone accessories will be available for those devices because people buy cases for their phones.

While you can continue to argue against it, it makes little sense when your entire argument is flawed and subjective. Let people buy cases and you will continue to not use cases. Problem solved.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-18-2014 10:57 AM
    I'm not planning on getting a case for my X. I spent too much time deciding on how to customize the colors to cover it up. It's just like all these people I see with iPhones that look like mini bricks. I understand why people would want a case though... Luckily I telework so the odds are in my favor of nothing happening to the phone I think. I'm not saying that nothing will happen just that I think the odds are in my favor. To each his own.
    05-18-2014 11:25 AM
    I just put a clear case for my moto x to solve my problem. Offer protection and you can still see your custom moto x.

Attached Thumbnails Cases for the Moto X-cam00454.jpg  
    A895 and 4runnerbrett like this.
    05-18-2014 11:45 AM
    A case is also a form of insurance. Maybe even better, since it tries to deal with the accident before any damage is done, and not just after.
    A895 and ScottMGS like this.
    05-18-2014 01:28 PM

You shouldn't attach your phone to your self worth. I believe you are influenced by too many shallow people. Some of us don't masturbate our ego's quite so much.
    A895 likes this.
    05-18-2014 02:43 PM
    I'm going to try it out
    Its been ordered

05-19-2014 12:55 AM
    You shouldn't attach your phone to your self worth. I believe you are influenced by too many shallow people. Some of us don't masturbate our ego's quite so much.
    No one said anything about "self worth". If you're going to attempt to be clever, you should try to make sense.

The design, and look of the phone IS important to consumers otherwise we wouldn't hear the constant complaining that we always hear. You folks are either deliberately ignorant to this phenomenon, or I've run into a forum where EVERY person is suddenly an uber-rational, "function only" individual.

I'm going to lean toward the former, and I don't mean that to be an insult. You people are too highly tuned in to the goings-on of the mobile industry to be completely ignorant of the importance of design, the emphasis that manufacturers put on design, and the level to which the design is scrutinized by professional reviewers and consumers.

It's also quite interesting that a group of people on the Moto X forum (which, incidentally, happens to be one of most highly customizable phones available) would be so oblivious to the desire to have the phone's physical characteristics visible, without being enveloped in a gaudy case.
    05-19-2014 02:17 AM
61 123