05-21-2014 11:52 AM
61 123
tools
    No one said anything about "self worth". If you're going to attempt to be clever, you should try to make sense.

The design, and look of the phone IS important to consumers otherwise we wouldn't hear the constant complaining that we always hear. You folks are either deliberately ignorant to this phenomenon, or I've run into a forum where EVERY person is suddenly an uber-rational, "function only" individual.

I'm going to lean toward the former, and I don't mean that to be an insult. You people are too highly tuned in to the goings-on of the mobile industry to be completely ignorant of the importance of design, the emphasis that manufacturers put on design, and the level to which the design is scrutinized by professional reviewers and consumers.

It's also quite interesting that a group of people on the Moto X forum (which, incidentally, happens to be one of most highly customizable phones available) would be so oblivious to the desire to have the phone's physical characteristics visible, without being enveloped in a gaudy case.
    I feel its a personal decision if a person wants to put a case on their phone or not . Its their phone brought and paid for by them ( in most cases).Its used by them in their environment rather this be in their work environment or their home environment.
    This goes the same for those who don't want to use a case a personal decision, they know their risks without a case.
    The people who want a case obviously feel the need for a case,there is nothing wrong with that thinking.

The case or caseless discusion is in alot of the phone threads not just in Moto X threads .

By the way I do have a case on mine as well,, an TPU case because its my personal decision to
    If you wish to not have a case on your phone thats cool with me thats your personal decision not to
    A895 likes this.
    05-19-2014 06:39 AM
    No one said anything about "self worth". If you're going to attempt to be clever, you should try to make sense.

The design, and look of the phone IS important to consumers otherwise we wouldn't hear the constant complaining that we always hear. You folks are either deliberately ignorant to this phenomenon, or I've run into a forum where EVERY person is suddenly an uber-rational, "function only" individual.

I'm going to lean toward the former, and I don't mean that to be an insult. You people are too highly tuned in to the goings-on of the mobile industry to be completely ignorant of the importance of design, the emphasis that manufacturers put on design, and the level to which the design is scrutinized by professional reviewers and consumers.

It's also quite interesting that a group of people on the Moto X forum (which, incidentally, happens to be one of most highly customizable phones available) would be so oblivious to the desire to have the phone's physical characteristics visible, without being enveloped in a gaudy case.
    You are trying to get us to see it your way, when that is not going to happen. You don't like cases, we do, let's move along. It's not that serious at all.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    davidnc likes this.
    05-19-2014 07:17 AM
    I got a Platinum Series case from Best Buy. The case is pretty much an unbranded Seidio Surface with a cheaper price tag. The phone just feels safer on my hip rather than in my pocket.
    05-19-2014 11:50 AM
    I use this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...se-moto-x.html
    Aquila and davidnc like this.
    05-19-2014 01:11 PM
    I have been eyeing this exact case on ebay. How do you like it? Does it keep the dimple.. or am I just seeing it through the case? Did it add any noticeable bulk?
    05-20-2014 07:34 AM
    I have been eyeing this exact case on ebay. How do you like it? Does it keep the dimple.. or am I just seeing it through the case? Did it add any noticeable bulk?
    I asssume you mean the case and case review link posted by Ry.
    He mentions the dimple is cut out as in the quote I quoted from his review below
    The Good:
    Opening for the dimple!
    Protects the front of the phone as well.
    Works with the official Griffin PowerDock (with the dock bumper removed)
    No branding, if you're in to that sort of thing
    I may have to check that case out myself
    The case I have doesn't have the dimple cut out
    05-20-2014 08:09 AM
    I don't think anyone here is saying that EVERYONE should have a case on their device. The two sides of this discussion seem to be 1) people should use a case if that's what they want, and 2) nobody should dare do anything that would change the appearance of such a beautifully crafted device. Which side sounds more reasonable?

Sent from my Moto X using TapaTalk
    05-20-2014 09:12 AM
    Diztronic. Cheap, fits well. I question if it provides much of any protection.
    05-20-2014 09:39 PM
    Diztronic. Cheap, fits well. I question if it provides much of any protection.

Thats what I currently use,, the Diztronic TPU black case.
    I agree more of an cosmetic/scratch or light protection type case.
    But thats really all I am looking for . I like to keep the phone thin(pocketable)
    05-21-2014 05:17 AM
    I asssume you mean the case and case review link posted by Ry.
    Sorry, I forgot to reply with quotes. I meant the case in this post.

I just put a clear case for my moto x to solve my problem. Offer protection and you can still see your custom moto x.

Posted via Android Central App
    davidnc likes this.
    05-21-2014 11:12 AM
    I bought a case off Amazon by little penguin that has a soft inner shell and snap on harder plastic outer shell. I picked it for the orange/grey colors and holster. Was about $12. I like it overall and have left a semi informative review on there.

I bought my x on sale in plain black, so that made it easier to get a case to protect the phone at work where my pockets are loose and things tend to fall out...

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    05-21-2014 11:52 AM
61 123