Cases for the Moto X

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't get a case. Just don't be careless. You bought this nice phone, with a nice in-hand feel, and a nice little dimple on it, and you're just gonna cover it up with a slab of rubber? Seems silly to me...

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If you really want a case. Look at amazon. You will find several there. Are search moto x cases, you will find ample recommendations.

Last edited by a moderator:

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't get a case. Just don't be careless. You bought this nice phone, with a nice in-hand feel, and a nice little dimple on it, and you're just gonna cover it up with a slab of rubber? Seems silly to me...

Yeah true, but most people need to carry it around for 2 years. One drop and it can be gone. I can't imagine someone wanting to spend more money on repairs rather than just buying a case. I love the feel of the phone though.

portablealpha

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a plain black Moto X and I could care less about the dimple. I have this case: Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Moto X / Motorola X Phone (2013) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories It's not bulky compared to an Otterbox or something like that, but is a bit thicker than the thinnest plastic shell cases out there. It's grippy but not too much so (i.e., the phone still slides in and out of my pocket easily) and it protrudes slightly in the front so you can lay the phone down on its face without the screen touching the table. No actual screen protector though. For $10 it's worth a try.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

More silly than telling someone "just don't be careless?"

If someone wants or needs a case to protect their investment, be it because they're accident prone, careless, work in construction, or whatever, that's their choice.

I'm using the Seidio Dilex case. Though the kickstand on the back does not affect the in-hand feel as much as I thought it would, I'd still prefer to not have a kickstand. But, the case has protected my phone through many falls, and I'm reluctant to try anything else.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have this guy. You'll think I'm crazy, but it's the best $7 ever. The case is firm, you have access to the dimple, and the textured (non-shiny) part of the back feels REALLY close to the soft touch back on the phone. (I have Navy Blue). I didn't know what to expect, but it was the only case I found that I liked that had a cutout for the dimple. It's slim and minimal as well. I'll probably order a couple more on down the road too.

Posted via Android Central App

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have this guy. You'll think I'm crazy, but it's the best $8 ever. The case is firm, you have access to the dimple, and the textured (non-shiny) part of the back feels REALLY close to the soft touch back on the phone. (I have Navy Blue). I didn't know what to expect, but it was the only case I found that I liked that had a cutout for the dimple. It's slim and minimal as well. I'll probably order a couple more on down the road too.

Posted via Android Central App

Can't get the link to open. Can you post it again?

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I also have these 4 other cases. The Incipio has the most protection (out of what I have). I haven't tried the Seidio yet (got it on the AC deal of the day). The clear plastic one I picked up off of Amazon purely for the kickstand and the monstrosity on the left, well, we all know where those come from and how freaking horrible they are.
unnamed.jpg

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I was coming down the page to recommend the Supcase from Amazon, but zedorda beat me to it. I have 3 for my X and love them. They have the ones with several colors of trim with the frosted back to show the color and then several more with the colored backs. They have been running around $15 each at Amazon depending on the color. They have a good look and feel and I can use them with a leather belt pouch at work and in my pockets on the weekends.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37