Active display not working with hangouts

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This has been an on again off again issue for me. Last time it was the update to active display that goofed it, so I tried to uninstall updates from active display to no avail. Anyone else share this problem or have an idea for a fix?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hangouts has been weird since the recent update for me as well. I don't see contact pictures on the active display anymore despite having them assigned, and also my contact names have been changing within hangouts for contacts with multiple names, even though the people app has the correct one :/

-Eclipsed Moto X-

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hangouts sucks currently. Signing out of Hangouts and back in works briefly, but no solution is sticking right now. Switched to Textra. I don't really do hangouts, just SMS, so there's no downside for me. Working out great so far.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, super lame. I tried to move back to hangouts (from textra) after the update, but if this bug persists that's a dealbreaker for me.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You know, after reading all the posts, I'm trying this textra app out after out as well ily thing is even if the active notifications works fine my moto assist in the car just like everyone else in the g_p_s I needed to work to say google hey it's does if not that's a deal breaker for me to let you that everyday of course just like everyone else does I'm sure of

Posted via Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Also just out of curiosity, when you're using the new texting app on the active notification of this contact, will it show you the picture of the picture ID of the contact that has just texted you like hangouts used to do? I just got a text from someone and it did not do that is it showed me the message content

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sorry, haven't had that issue just a picture ID like I said, I am using the other texting app now giving it a beta test

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
This has been an on again off again issue for me. Last time it was the update to active display that goofed it, so I tried to uninstall updates from active display to no avail. Anyone else share this problem or have an idea for a fix?

Did you turn on the Hangouts notification in Active Display settings? How can active display show pics? I've never seen mine do that.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Never noticed that before about the contact picture.
This just makes me mad again.
Hangouts does absolutely everything I want it to do except work...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Today I just saw on the Play Store update for hangouts I'm not sure if it fixes the issue but it was worth mentioning

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I mean the only other thing about hang out I don't like is that you can send multiple pictures in a picture message with the app textra you can but that's not a deal breaker this was

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Correction after testing Google Hangouts out for a little bit after the update in the Play Store picture ideas really haven't changed too much inconsistency unfortunately I think I will be going back to that other app textra I was using before hand just to update everyone

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with Textra for now too. I'd rather it not even pretend than show me a blank picture as a tease of what it could/should be doing.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with Textra for now too. I'd rather it not even pretend than show me a blank picture as a tease of what it could/should be doing.

Unfortunately I must agree with you when I first updated hangouts it seems to be working fine, but then my sister a text him and I told them a notification center bar and the picture was not there as always I know what the texting app it always works