Browser of choice

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok thank you anyways I appreciate it I didn't think so cause I would have found it by now

Posted via Android Central App

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
dolphin most of the time, Chrome is the most integrated so try to use that, until it screws up, then go back to dolphin.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You're right, chrome is so integrated that that I just figured out how to use motoconnect last night with chrome on my Windows 8 .1 ultra book

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Chrome. Which is odd, since I'm not a fan of Chrome on any of my computers, but I prefer it on my phone and on my tablet. I have also used Dolphin and it's okay, but having those bookmarks synched with Chrome across all devices is very handy.

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I used to use dolphin for quite a while and now I'm using boat and like it better with less crashes too.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I use Dolphin because of the LastPass plug-in, without it I'd be lost.

You know that last pass fills in passwords and usernames in chrome right? Also in any other app.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I use Dolphin. I like it because it automatically opens a new link on a new tab unlike Chrome, which makes you fumble around to get to the new tab.

Fumble around? If you want to open a link in a new tab in Chrome, all you have to do is longpress on the link and the option will pop up to open the link in a new tab. To me, that's hardly fumbling around.

ShlomoX

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Fumble around? If you want to open a link in a new tab in Chrome, all you have to do is longpress on the link and the option will pop up to open the link in a new tab. To me, that's hardly fumbling around.

Whether you agree or disagree he didn't say fumbling around to open a new tab he said fumbling around to get to the new tab. You understand that right?

With dolphin you long press on the link, same as chrome. But here there's an option to open the new tab in the foreground like you probably want - or background (there are even settings to make either of those happen automatically with a normal press on a link.)

With chrome it's long press on the link, open new tab in background, go to tabs and press on new tab.

So to get to your new tab it's 2 presses for dolphin vs 4 presses for chrome. Come to think of it yea, I'd call that fumbling around.

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually, my Dolphin is set so that I just touch a link (no long press necessary) and it opens automatically in a new tab. One touch and link is open in a new tab. There is a setting that allows you to touch a link and it opens in the existing tab, replacing the current page. Also, Flash works perfectly in Dolphin. I love the reflow text feature probably the most. If I want to increase the text size, I just zoom and the text reformats to fit the screen. This works on most sites, but some prohibit this resizing.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone use Chrome beta?

In my post above I stated that I use Chrome Beta. I've been using it since its been available. There has been some bumps along the way but overall it's an awesome browser and I really like it.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

AndroidBIO

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I used to use Dolphin until I found out they would used to [maybe they still do] invade people's privacy and switched to Chrome. I found out Chrome was faster anyways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood