Restore new Moto X from backup of old?

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Am I'm that noob that I can't figure this out? Is there a way to backup my old Moto X and use that to restore my new one? Does Google have a backup service? I feel like I'm just missing something here and need a little help.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Motorola Migrate works great for most things, but it won't transfer apss and their data. The only way to do that is to be rooted on both phones and using titanum backup, I think

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I did that and it worked like magic. But...that doesn't put all my apps and settings back which is really the most daunting task. Ugh...

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It just takes time getting everything set back up. I've never been a fan of moving app data from device to device. In theory, it's harmless, but in practice, well, YMMV.

Posted via Android Central App

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It just takes time getting everything set back up. I've never been a fan of moving app data from device to device. In theory, it's harmless, but in practice, well, YMMV.

I know it takes time, a lot of time depending on how your phone is configured. If I was getting a new phone then half the fun of that is setting everything up new. But for a warranty replacement I'm going to set it up exactly the way I had it. Especially after I've already spent seemingly forever toying with everything little detail. I guess I've just been spoiled all these years by my iPhones. Oh well.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I know it takes time, a lot of time depending on how your phone is configured. If I was getting a new phone then half the fun of that is setting everything up new. But for a warranty replacement I'm going to set it up exactly the way I had it. Especially after I've already spent seemingly forever toying with everything little detail. I guess I've just been spoiled all these years by my iPhones. Oh well.

Oh, I feel you're pain. Luckily for me I have my methodology perfected after years of botched custom roms and other ridiculous stunts. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital