Photos and Device Storage

Hunter Petit

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to stop pictures and videos that I take on my Moto X to not save on the device? Since all of my photos and videos get saved to the cloud through Google Photos, I really don't need them on my phone. The pictures and videos on my device take up almost 4GB out of my 16GB (11GB are actually available) storage, and deleting them one by one is too much. Thanks!

Posted with my Nexus 7 2012 or Moto X via the Android Central App

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Not they I know of. But in the gallery app you can long press an album and delete the whole thing at once.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
You definitely want the camera to create a local file so it is processed immediately and your devi e is ready for the next shot. Especially videos can take a while to upload.

I agree that deleting by album or even using "select all" makes manual housecleaning only a minor nuisance.

Sent from my Moto X

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The auto backup feature is merely syncing that local storage to your Google Drive/Plus account. It has to hit the device first, but once you see it fill in the cloud icon there's no reason that you can't delete the local copy.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

smellyskate

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Image Enable or disable Auto Backup

When you first sign in, you're prompted to enable or disable Auto Backup. You can change this at any time by going to your Google+ Settings.

To change this setting after signing in:

1.Touch g+ image
2.Touch Menu
3.Touch Settings
4.Select Camera & Photos
5.Touch Auto Backup
6.Toggle On or Off

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The pictures and videos on my device take up almost 4GB out of my 16GB (11GB are actually available) storage, and deleting them one by one is too much. Thanks!I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to stop pictures and videos that I take on my Moto X to not save on the device? Since all of my photos and videos get saved to the cloud through Google Photos, I really don't need them on my phone. just good...

So, if you took a picture and your data connection wasn't available, the phone would simply discard the shot?