Google Drive Problems

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I changed the settings in the google Photo app to Auto Backup 'on', and then pressed "Back up all" and it looked like it was starting to back things up, but I don't see the pics in my drive.google.com page. I used a ton of data so they must have gone somewhere. Anyone have any idea where they might be?

It also would not back things up from the computer after I installed google drive (just stayed on 0 % done). I was able to back up individual files from the phone when I tested them.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
It backs photos up to Google+ Photos which uses Drive space. You access them through Google+ Photos, not Drive.

Thanks. That is ridiculous. Why do they have two different storage areas? I have no idea what the difference is. (Or if it is the same, why can't you access the "Drive space" through Drive???)

Does the 50 (now apparently 65 for some reason) GB of free data apply to Google+ as well? Does it apply to each place separately or is it combined storage between + and Drive?

????

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't use two different storage areas. As I said, "It backs photos up to Google+ Photos which uses Drive space." It's the storage attached to your Google account. Use Google+ Photos to access the photos. Use Drive to access document files. It's like how the Android Drive app no longer edits spreadsheets or text documents. You have to use the Google Docs app for text and Google Sheets for spreadsheets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm