Overactive Touchless Controls

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
i just bought Moto X yesterday i was really excited about the device specially when i saw the advertisements about the touchless controls. it looked quite futuristic . My relatives were really impressed by this feature .

i was thoroughly dissapointed when i noticed that the dialog screen of Hello appeared automatically even though i didnt say ok Google Now. This frequently happens specially in a noisy environment or even a semi noisy environment.It became so irritating that i finally disabled the feature.Becuz whenever i was using whatsapp or FB messenger or any other app it just automatically came up.

i dont think my device is faulty becuz in the reviews of touchless control app in google play store some reviewers are also having the same problem.

This is my first Android purchase i was REALLY REALLY DISSAPOINTED.i was going to buy Samsung Galaxy S3 but i chose this device mainly becuz of better performance and software upgrades . SG S3 is not getting Android Kitkat.

I hav attached the screenshot of my device firmaware

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-17-11-56-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-17-11-56-00.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 32

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Other people have experienced...luckily I haven't thought but I do retrain my touch less controls voice quite often for optimal performance..similar issues to listen I can suggest is retraining the voice within your touch less controls ina quiet environment with your own natural voice that should help your issue out a lot..hopefully that helps

Posted via Android Central App

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
When you trained it the first time, it might have heard some background noise, and now perhaps hearing background noise is sufficient for activation. Retraining it in quiet solitude often fixes the problem.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
When you trained it the first time, it might have heard some background noise, and now perhaps hearing background noise is sufficient for activation. Retraining it in quiet solitude often fixes the problem.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I agree. Any background noise while training your phrase, especially in a place you are at a lot like home or work, will cause touch less control to go off at any time that noise is repeated. I also recommend saying the phrase with a slightly louder voice than you usually use. I've never had mine go off inadvertently.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

nessinhaw

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
indeed...the recommendation is to train it on a completely silent room and with a loud, clear voice!

any background noise will get in the way and cause the issue you're going thru!

sent from my Moto X <3

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have very little false positive by saying Okay Moto Now instead of Okay Google Now, for some reason, but it's true.

sent via tapatalk

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
As others have suggested, re-record your launch phrase in a totally silent area. I recently got my Moto X replaced under warranty. My new one was having touchless control activate pretty often randomly. After re-recording the phrase it was still happening but less frequently. I decided to record again at work in my lab where it can get completely silent. Since doing that I have not had it launch randomly since.