Do You Use More Data with your Moto X than your Previous Phone?

Do you use more or less data with your Moto X?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Just a fun poll. I am on Verizon, and since they recently turned on XLTE (which has been active in my area since ~February), I decided to look at my previous usage and see if I have been consuming more data since I purchased my Moto X.

Surprise, yes. Went from average of ~7-8Gb/Month with my Galaxy Nexus to ~28-30Gb/Month with my Moto X. Phone is faster, data is faster, makes sense. Have you seen your data consumption increase/decrease since switching to the Moto X, for one reason or another?

Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 10.47.16 AM.png

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I use more data, but not because it's faster, but because it holds on to a signal better. I have Sprint, which isn't that bad in the Chicagoland area. When I had the S3/S4 it struggled to hold on to a cellular signal. The X has absolutely no problem, making it more of a joy to use.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I use less data. I had an iPhone 5 before and it used to suck down data like drunk in a bar I am surprised that this phone sips.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
More because the phone have great signal. It's been hard to not use up that 5gb of data before the month end, I might need to go unlimited.

sent via tapatalk

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I use more data with the x than my previous phones...
The first was a Milestone (you might know this model as the droid)... Then the milestone 2 came, and eventually broke... I've an x now...
In data traffic, moto x > milestone 2 > milestone...
I think this is due to the factor that the more things you can do with the phone, the more you use it...
In the milestone, having twitter, Facebook, Skype and many other things running all the time was just insane...
Now with the x that can be done without issues, the phone handles that with no problem whatsoever...

Also, apps are bigger now... It was odd in the 'old' time to see apps passing the 10mb size... Know it's quite common...

So I'm not sure if it's the phone, or it's just expected...

Enviado desde mi XT1058