Two issues

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

About 2-3 months ago I got my Moto X (previously had a Razr Maxx).. So far, I think the phone is great.. Fast navigation, very little lag, and a decent battery.

I am having the following two issues:

1. Sound seems to go quiet/muffled for no reason until I reboot.. This has happened a few times, luckily never while I've needed sound for something really important, such as an alarm clock sound. I've checked my media volume and it's still at 100% when this happens.

2. I also have had this happen tonight: my screen won't go to sleep at times.. I was at my home screen, did something on my phone, set my phone next to me on the couch, and 10 minutes later I noticed I was still at the home screen. It's behaving again after a reboot, and going black after 30 seconds my settings indicate.

And a third problem/issue if you want to call it that:

In the Messaging app, instead of seeing graphical smileys (like a picture of a smiley face or a picture of an android character smiling), I only get the text equivalent- like a colon and a parenthesis instead of :). I swear when I first got my phone, it was drawing the pictures of smileys and not leaving them as text, but maybe I'm thinking of my Razr Maxx days, not sure.

Anyone else having these issues?

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I experienced issue number two but it was because I switched to art. Like it literally happened when I switched to art and I switched back to dalvik and it hasn't happened since.

I've always seen the text equivalent of the smileys but I also haven't used the stock messaging app since I had the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I believe they quit using the regular smileys in favor of a bunch of emoji and the old fashioned basic colon and parentheses. I've been using hangouts and Google's stock keyboard. I really dont know how the emoji work if someone else doesn't have the same ones. I wish they would have kept the old smileys along with the emoji.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
2. I also have had this happen tonight: my screen won't go to sleep at times.. I was at my home screen, did something on my phone, set my phone next to me on the couch, and 10 minutes later I noticed I was still at the home screen. It's behaving again after a reboot, and going black after 30 seconds my settings indicate

It may not be the same issue but twice I've had my Moto X change the screen time-out from 1 minute to 30 minutes by itself. I had to set it back in display settings. It may have been related to an app but I don't have enough data to confirm that.

Edit: I haven't changed the Dalvik/Art setting on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12