chrome homepage

shetach

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
When I open chrome, it always opens up all the pages that were open before I closed it last.
Is there a way to change that and have it permanently close those pages and have it open to a certain homepage (like the desktop version)?

Posted via Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Other than by opening from a bookmark shortcut, there is not.

Yeah dude, I try that myself there is no way to do that with chrome no default home page you have to open from your bookmarks so what I do is I just put on my bookmarks on my gmail.com sync of course and open it up from that obviously

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't like that behavior, you could try other browsers like Dolphin which I think allows you to exit completely, and also has a Home button. You can also sync your Chrome bookmarks.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like that behavior, you could try other browsers like Dolphin which I think allows you to exit completely, and also has a Home button. You can also sync your Chrome bookmarks.
Regarding Dolphin, you can set a home page, it plays Flash video, links open in a new tab, and text will reflow to fit the screen after a zoom in (some sites won't allow that though.)