I think the Moto X has done it...

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The Moto X+1 is the only current device that has me waiting this year...Getting me off of the M7 has been a hard thing to do! Maybe the Moto X+1 can do it. I will see!

tinytiger87

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
this morning i caved and bought a Note 3 off of somebody from craigslist. I was done with that transaction at about 11 AM.....by 1pm i was already meeting someone to get a moto x back. this phone...has finally made me want to stop trading phones

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto X proves that it's better to optimize for the hardware rather than just throw the highest specs out there to get a good experience.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X has all the features I need or use on a daily basis.Its not overloaded with gimmicky stuff like some phones are. After having it for almost 9 months it still is buttery smooth(lag free).It has been the best out of the box stock android phone I have ever owned. :) I havent had any regrets on purchasing the Moto X.For my use the camera has served its intended purpose.

It feels like Motorola has solved "Android lag" by using F2FS.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I just gave my brother my unlocked woodback Moto X 32gb. I still have a locked At&T 16gb one, but I don't have a backup phone anymore, so I'm going to buy a third Moto X I think. I might have gotten the OnePlus, but it's not released yet and I'm not going to bother with the invites even though I'll probably get one as an early member.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Seeing how my wife has taken to her X I tremble at the tought of finding her a replacement when it dies or becoming seriously outdated.

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I would love to try the X but with my eyes the screen is just too small. Maybe if the next-gen Moto X has a bigger screen.

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3

BootlegZani

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If the next moto comes out bigger than this one, i'll stick with it even when upgrade time comes around.

Well I just got my custom Moto X 2nd gen last night and the 5.2" still fits in my hand really nicely. I love the leather back. I'm kinda pissed about the Nexus 6 announcement on Verizon the day before I received my new X.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to have a tough time when my 2013 goes. It is an ideal size. I am a huge fan of the Pre 2 and preferred webOS to Android. The X form factor and vanilla android with active notifications really won in me over. I'm intrigued by the 2014 version but I have yet to hold one to see if it is ergonomic for me.

Posted via Android Central App

csophie

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Well for me, it made me switch to Android.
Ever since the iOS 7 I felt like Apple has lost its core values and the systems just got worse and worse. I've been thinking of switching for a while, but really didnt like the look and feel of Samsung etc. Motorola is not so popular in Europe (where I used to live), and I never even saw one.
But eventually after the long awaited iPhone 6 and it's look that and feel that to me is worse even than the Samsung (not to mention the crappy iOS8), I started looking at HTC phones and somehow came across the Motorola phones. X was love at first sight, and I decided to move to Android, as I thought there was nothing to lose after all, the phones are just crazy cheap!

Long battle with the online motorola store and its unavailibility in the Carribean where I live now, I finally purchased a used Moto X 2013 while in the US. I love it.

I hope they go big this year, as the new moto is just amazing, I think of Motorola as the only company that really cares about the design now. HTC is not so bad, but it's somehow repelling (as the iPhone 6 is). Motorola just makes great looking products, same goes for Moto Watch. There are some sharp design personalities in the company.

The only problem is the battery, but well, cant have it all. I dont use any notifications (apart from whatsapp and calendar) and still cant make it through the day sometimes (I know its a used phone, but I bet new ones arent that much better either).

jedwards

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Been working with a droid turbo for the office, came to the conclusion I prefer the moto x. Love the size and was surprised performance was not all that different between the 2. Battery life is better on the turbo, but I can get by with the moto x. Only died on me once during the day, some weird software issue with the moto help app, in the 14 months I've had it.
Thinking about picking one up used if L doesn't kill it.

Posted via the Android Central App

habu968

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I hear you all. I keep looking at the new 2014 X and the xperia, but I can't get myself to switch yet. I do like the size and performance of my X.

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I literally just "upgraded" for another Moto X (don't judge me, phones are expensive here lol). I seriously could stay with it until 2015 holidays. It's an amazing phone

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You know something, I will tell everyone on this forum this not only does it have a perfect are going on with design, in the next to sex with a six inch screen I'm seriously looking into because of its dial it looks like a Moto X just huge lol. The Moto X is a great phone just about your life suffers greatly now for me but other than that the software is bulletproof no question on that.. That's why I again, I am looking at the Nexus 6.

Posted via Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I hear you all. I keep looking at the new 2014 X and the xperia, but I can't get myself to switch yet. I do like the size and performance of my X.

I'm in the same boat. I've been stuck on the 14 moto X, Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6. I just can't bring myself to do it just yet because the moto x is just such a great phone, and I haven't even had it long enough to run the factory warrantee out.

With the Lollipop update coming I'm very excited for how this phone will improve.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
We are now switching from Sprint to Cricket. So need to get a GSM phone. I got two codes for the 2014 model. I guess I'm going bigger and leather back.

I had a broken screen and a worn out battery (could get only 14 hour day) on my 2013 and just got a refurbished one from Motorola. The battery dropped from 34 to 4% in 10 minutes while off the charger for 15+ hours.

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I satisfied with my purchase especially since it runs on republic wireless for $10/month. No way I'm giving that up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci