Texting issue, pre-purchase

jaibhavaya

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

So me and my girlfriend and just about everyone I know has iphones... I've dealt with that for a while now, but in the past couple months I've really been itching to get an android, and the moto x just seems too damn sexy to pass up.

Here's really my ONLY issue (you may find it stupid and trivial, but to me it isn't... and to my group of friends it isn't :p)

When you send a long text from an iphone, it shows up as one big message, when the same message is sent to or from an android, it breaks it up.

Is there any way to change this? Whether it be a (very) stable app.. or something else? It's very annoying and is one reason I've avoided going droid for a while. I also want to make sure this would be a stable option, and not a workaround that wouldn't be reliable.

And with the texting, has interaction with group messages gotten any better? (again, maybe with the help of an app..) because I remember that being a pain back when I had my droid a long time ago.

Any help with any of this would be super helpful! I hope to be a moto x user soon.

Thanks!

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I switched from iPhone to Android this past year. Not ever going back. I have not noticed a difference in group messages with Android other than the text being broke up. I have a feeling this has something to do with imessage. I can’t answer your question there. It took a while to even get a text though. imessage is a ***** to get away from. Apple has recently acknowledged this, finally, and is going to fix it.

Things to note when you make the switch. Sign out of imessage on your phone. Then, on a computer, go into your iCloud account and unregister the phone. Even then it was a ***** getting my texts. I also found if my iPhone friends had me in their phone as an iPhone then I could not get a text until they changed this in my contact card on their phone.

Cane Prevost

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Using Hangouts is now pretty good for texting. It does have a 500 character limit before it splits messages. Works well for group messages. The character limit isn't a problem for me because I hate typing anything long on the phone keyboard.