Anyone else had persistent voice control desensitivity?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
My touchless control has been hard of hearing ever since kit Kat and has never been the same since. I have to be much closer and say my hot words not only more clearly but practically have to say them even the tone as when I recorded it. What up?maybe it wasn't KitKat, but was about that time. I have rerecorded several times.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My touchless control has been hard of hearing ever since kit Kat and has never been the same since. I have to be much closer and say my hot words not only more clearly but practically have to say them even the tone as when I recorded it. What up?maybe it wasn't KitKat, but was about that time. I have rerecorded several times.

I have noticed no degradation of Touchless Control with all of the updates so far .

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed no degradation of Touchless Control with all of the updates so far .

I know pretty much everyone's is fine. Wonder if my internals are bad. bummed. Tc was one of my favorite features.

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I know pretty much everyone's is fine. Wonder if my internals are bad. bummed. Tc was one of my favorite features.

I'm having the same issue it appears I have to be <5 feet from my phone to hear me. Very annoying especially because I use the "Find my phone" feature 24/7

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. sometimes it works other times I have to say ok google now 5 or 6 times. Thought about retraining it to see if that helps

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. sometimes it works other times I have to say ok google now 5 or 6 times. Thought about retraining it to see if that helps

Let me know how that goes.

Gosh, looks like there's def. a few of us. grrr. Wonder what it could be.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

I did this and it did help me out. I am glad I am not alone on this one.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Let me know how that goes.

Gosh, looks like there's def. a few of us. grrr. Wonder what it could be.

I retrained it and it's working normal again. I wonder if it's just something that we will have to do once a month or so.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I retrained it and it's working normal again. I wonder if it's just something that we will have to do once a month or so.

oh man, retrained mine at least 3 times, hasn't gotten better. oh well, at least the phone is still small and has active notifications. *sigh*

mjdeder1

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Before you train your phone try saying okay Google now 4or5 times then open the app and repeat it again in your normal assertive talking voice. I found this to be very helpful when I trained my phone. Many times I would train it in a softer voice then speak to it with a more assertive voice being it doesn't work half the time! I then decided to train it with the assertive voice and guess what it started working beautifully! Try this I hope it works!

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It's hardware. Call them and they will send you redemption code to design you brand new phone. Mine was too sensitive and the replacement is perfectly fine.

VZW Moto X

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Clean the lint from your microphone. That small hole collects so much dust and debris that it could be affecting sensitivity.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Before you train your phone try saying okay Google now 4or5 times then open the app and repeat it again in your normal assertive talking voice. I found this to be very helpful when I trained my phone. Many times I would train it in a softer voice then speak to it with a more assertive voice being it doesn't work half the time! I then decided to train it with the assertive voice and guess what it started working beautifully! Try this I hope it works!

drat, tried it, didn't fix. thanks though.

It's hardware. Call them and they will send you redemption code to design you brand new phone. Mine was too sensitive and the replacement is perfectly fine.

VZW Moto X

I wish i knew someone with a moto in person so i could just be sure it's not just how it is now. lol. Cuz it really was one of my fave things about the phone. :(

Clean the lint from your microphone. That small hole collects so much dust and debris that it could be affecting sensitivity.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

How would i safely do that? There's def. nothing right at the surface.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it perfectly quiet? Mine will have issues when it's streaming audio to BT receiver or connected to my headset. I assume it's a firmware thing, or my headset just sucking at life. Road noise definitely throws mine off.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Is it perfectly quiet? Mine will have issues when it's streaming audio to BT receiver or connected to my headset. I assume it's a firmware thing, or my headset just sucking at life. Road noise definitely throws mine off.

Yup. In my bedroom perfectly quiet, no streaming and no BT. Asked it for the weather today. Nothing doing until i went within 1 foot of it and said loudly and almost exaggeratedly-clearly "Ok Google now", and THEN it responded. I used to be able to have it on my bed and be 4 feet away and it would answer me no problem, say it normally and it would repond. :(. boooooo.