Pairing Multiple Bluetooth Speakers with Moto X

mwerneiwski

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I am looking to purchase a couple of bluetooth speakers for use around my house. Ideally I am looking at placing them around the first floor for use in the kitchen, living room, dining room and laundry and would like to be able to control the music from my phone. I know the Sonos Play 1 has this capability built in, but what about other bluetooth speakers like the Logitech Z600?

Will my Moto X be able to support multiple separate bluetooth connections and play them all simultaneously? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to purchase a couple of bluetooth speakers for use around my house. Ideally I am looking at placing them around the first floor for use in the kitchen, living room, dining room and laundry and would like to be able to control the music from my phone. I know the Sonos Play 1 has this capability built in, but what about other bluetooth speakers like the Logitech Z600?

Will my Moto X be able to support multiple separate bluetooth connections and play them all simultaneously? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Welcome to the forums.
I think any device can connect to multiple Bluetooth devices. You should be fine to do this.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
You can pair with many bluetooth speakers, but you can only stream to 1 device from the X at a time. Example... when my Moto S11-Flex HD stereo headset is connected (in Media Audio mode, aka A2DP), I can't connect to my Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway in my car and stream music there.

Now, if the two bluetooth devices are using two different protocols, the X can connect to each. Example: The X connected to my car using "Phone Audio" (aka Headset/HandsFree Profile), and at the same time connected to the BB Bluetooth Stereo Gateway using Media Audio Mode (aka A2DP) to stream audio/music.