Bluetooth issues

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any recent issues with their Bluetooth connections? My phone won't work with my car any more. It pairs, but then there is no audio when a call connects.

I've already deleted and repaired the connection multiple times. I know Bluetooth odd working because my Fitbit connects and works. No changes in my car either - it simply stopped working.

TIA!

Posted via Android Central App

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you delete the pairing from both the car and the phone before re-pairing? I ran into something similar on an Acura TL (2006) and unpairing on both allowed me to re-pair them successfully.

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
No on Assist and yes on the pairings. I chatted with Motorola and they're sending a new phone.

Posted via Android Central App

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had Bluetooth issues that started June 14th. My phone conversations will still play over the BT connection, but no other audio (i.e. Pandora, moto assist, Google maps, Google okay music)

I absolutely love my moto x, but this is annoying, as I can't figure out how to solve it! Any solutions?????

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
to OP, have you checked to see if firmware for your car stereo needs update? i guess it depends on what kind of stereo unit it is.

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I checked the car firmware as well. Like blackbyrd, it was working fine and literally just stopped. My replacement phone will be here on Monday, so I'm anxious to see how that works. I was also beginning to have issues listening through the audio jack.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So I assume you get audio with music? And when you make a call or get a call it goes silent? If so, I noticed on my X, when I paired it to a rental the other day, it gave me an option to have it for music audio and/or phone calls. I only wanted it for music so I deselected it for phone calls. I would check your BT settings when you are connected and see what you have set. The rental I had for reference was a 2014 Kia.

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just thought I would do a quick update. It was actually the car, not the phone. Turns out, with Fords, you have to undo the battery TO THE CAR in order to get your connection to actually reset. Dumbest thing I have ever seen, but it worked. Now, I wonder if I can ship back the phone Moto sent me and keep mine... I'd rather stick with what I know that take a new one, especially if I don't need to.

Thanks all for your input!

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
What is your model and year of your Ford? Knowing this will help others in the future... For example, if it only affects early versions of Sync and so forth.