Free Screen Repair!

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I can personally confirm this. I replaced my wife's phone due to a cracked screen recently. I was shocked but very happy to be sure. Oh and I was able to recustomize her phone, I didn't get her the same exact one she had before.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading someone here on the forums submitting a ticket for repair over a cracked screen and being handed a Motomaker Code.

Posted via Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Can any Moto Users confirm this?

This seems like a big deal if true. I have replaced several shattered displays and they were $150+ each.

In a discussion about broken screens over at Reddit’s Moto X subreddit, several users revealed an interesting tip: it’s seems that you can often get your phone’s screen replaced after an accidental break, at no charge to the consumer. Looking for further clarification, we spoke to a customer service rep and confirmed that the free screen replacement service applies to any phone bought directly through Motorola or customized with the Moto Maker. This not only includes the Moto X, Moto G and Moto E but the policy will also be in place for upcoming devices such as the Motorola X+1.

Motorola said to replace damaged Moto E, G and X display for free

Wollombi

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Apparently not true, at least according to Motorola. I have found at least three news sites stating that they confirmed this free screen replacement with Motorola, and numerous individuals posting that Motorola replaced their screens for free. However, when I contacted Motorola, they told me basically what is included in the email screenshot attached here. I truly believe Motorola is the liar here, though, for a couple of reasons:

1.) Previous customers experience with Motorola, where they charged my credit card but neglected to ship the phone. Had to call them and spent several hours (and a bottle of aspirin on the associated headache) getting them to (a) acknowledge that there was a valid order (b) admit that they hadn't shipped the phone (they couldn't provide a tracking number after telling me it was shipped, then changed their story and said the phone was "lost" - how do you lose a phone in the factory?), and (c) ship the damn phone. Motorola refused to cancel the order when requested because the phone hadn't shipped yet (WTH?), and refused to discount either the phone or at least the shipping.

2.) When I called about this, first they said they didn't know anything about it, then changed the story to the "procedure changed on July 17", and then back to "this has never been our procedure", which is repeated in the email shown below. Uh, ok guys, which is it? After telling me there is nothing they will do, I was then given a reference number and told to call back on Monday (today), but then I receive the below email this morning. I feel another migraine coming on...

Ironically, this is the same phone that was ordered, not shipped, then finally "found" and shipped mentioned above. It apparently was constructed with eggshell fragile glass on the screen, because, 6 months later the phone suffered it's first tumble, from a very short distance, onto a relatively soft landing, while in a protective case. I have another Moto X that has been dropped more times than I can count, both in and out of a protective case and onto multiple surfaces of various hardness, from a variety of heights. That phone doesn't have a scratch on it. This one shattered like your broken dreams from what basically amounts to sneezing on it. Motorola refuses to acknowledge it might be a manufacturing defect. They also told me that basically everyone saying they will replace a screen for free is lying, calling it, "misinformation and rumors".

I love the Moto X as a product, but for me, the integrity, honesty, and customer service of a company are as, if not more, important than the product. They have lost my business, possibly forever.

Attachments

• 1407174249085.jpg
    1407174249085.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: