Temporarily bypass NFC lock

koosh42

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have a rooted Verizon Moto X Developer Edition. My work says that I need to have an actual screen lock (not just slide lock) if I want to access my email on my phone. I really like using NFC lock (via the Motorola Skip that I got for free) but it would be great to bypass it when my phone is in certain locations (i.e. home/work).

I know that I can use tasker to bypass a pin/password lock when I am near a designated WiFi, but I have yet to see anything that will allow me to bypass the NFC lock. I can't switch back and forth from pin/password to NFC easily because if you disable NFC lock it erases the information from the Skip and you have to set it up all over again. I also know that I can do trusted bluetooth devices but I don't want to stay connected to my bluetooth headset all the time and I don't want to have to keep my bluetooth capable laptop within 30 feet of my phone at home at all times. I have considered using the Wallet TrackR but I have heard concerns about it not working all that well and I would have to remember to take it with me every where in my house and at work.

Has anyone else tried to temporarily disable the NFC lock using a location awareness or NFC command? Any ideas on how I might accomplish my goal of using my Skip when I am away from home/work but not using the lock when I am at home/work?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would just use an app like Touchdown to keep work separate.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
An expensive option to be sure but I have mine hooked through trusted Bluetooth to my Pebble. Hooked on having the watch plus no hassle unlocks as my watch is usually on.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol