09-29-2014 11:40 PM
157 ... 4567
tools
    That is the latest version, so you got the update dude.

Sent from my LG-V510 using AC Forums mobile app
    He knows.
    Tom in Bristol and benhaube like this.
    08-04-2014 09:34 PM
    My GSM UK unlocked is now updated to 4.4.4!!!

Posted via Android Central App
    08-06-2014 06:32 PM
    Received the update last night in the UK. EE network.
    Seems OK so far, everything seems to be running as before but it is smoother. Will see how it fares after a couple of days
    08-07-2014 02:12 AM
    Received the update last night in the UK. EE network.
    Seems OK so far, everything seems to be running as before but it is smoother. Will see how it fares after a couple of days
    Turn on ART and it gets even smoother I turned art on back when I first got 4.4. I have not had a single app that doesn't work.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-07-2014 06:52 AM
    Turn on ART and it gets even smoother I turned art on back when I first got 4.4. I have not had a single app that doesn't work.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    I've had ART enabled since I got my Moto X. I agree it is much smoother. I only have 1 app that doesn't work. But it's a running app so there are plenty of alternatives that do work.
    Looking forward to ART being default
    benhaube likes this.
    08-07-2014 06:55 AM
    battery life is amazing with this update

08-09-2014 02:10 AM
    Soooo, I have an AT&T Moto X and I received a notification that I had an update available for 4.4.4 today. I accepted it and it did nothing, now when I go to check for updates it says there are none available.... does anyone know whats up with that???
    08-11-2014 09:25 PM
    You have to be completely stock for the update to install. That includes recovery. I've seen people are getting the update but I've yet to see anyone capture the zip file for it so I can't yet help you sideload it, either.
    08-11-2014 09:53 PM
    Soooo, I have an AT&T Moto X and I received a notification that I had an update available for 4.4.4 today. I accepted it and it did nothing, now when I go to check for updates it says there are none available.... does anyone know whats up with that???
    The soak test just started. If you are not in it maybe it was a mistake when they rolled out the soak test. Usually they roll out pretty fast once the soak test starts, or at least they have with KitKat.
    08-12-2014 08:26 AM
    Looks like the Sprint Moto X is pushing 4.4.4 now. Someone on XDA just got it. Now, about that xt1053 update.....
    08-13-2014 07:26 PM
    Looks like the Sprint Moto X is pushing 4.4.4 now. Someone on XDA just got it. Now, about that xt1053 update.....
    LIkewise waiting for the xt1053 update. It seems that the 4.4.3 update was pushed to the xt1053 pretty fast. One reason I went for the unlocked dev edition was to get faster system updates (this from a new convert from iPhone to Android).
    08-14-2014 09:47 AM
    LIkewise waiting for the xt1053 update. It seems that the 4.4.3 update was pushed to the xt1053 pretty fast. One reason I went for the unlocked dev edition was to get faster system updates (this from a new convert from iPhone to Android).
    I'm pretty sure they're leaving us to last because technically 4.4.3 contains everything except an SSL patch. (A lot of people are erroneously reporting that fix as the one for heartbleed but that is not the case. It's a different SSL bug. Heartbleed was patched in 4.4.3). I'm pretty sure Moto wanted to get those devices that were left on 4.4.2 up to 4.4.4 so they could have all the benefits that we already had. That being said, Sprint is pushing out and AT&T has now gone to pull so we are most likely up next and very, very soon. Like next week I'm thinking. It should be an incredibly minor update for us.
    Ry likes this.
    08-14-2014 08:12 PM
    I'm pretty sure they're leaving us to last because technically 4.4.3 contains everything except an SSL patch. (A lot of people are erroneously reporting that fix as the one for heartbleed but that is not the case. It's a different SSL bug. Heartbleed was patched in 4.4.3). I'm pretty sure Moto wanted to get those devices that were left on 4.4.2 up to 4.4.4 so they could have all the benefits that we already had. That being said, Sprint is pushing out and AT&T has now gone to pull so we are most likely up next and very, very soon. Like next week I'm thinking. It should be an incredibly minor update for us.
    I'm 99% positive that the only version of android that was ever affected by the heartbleed vulnerability was 4.1.2. Anyone with a version of Android that is newer OR older than that will not be affected. 4.4.3 was released as a maintenance release and had an updated dialer and people app for those of us on an in skinned version.

4.4.4 was very quickly released after to fix an SSL bug that 4.4.3 actually created.
    08-14-2014 10:54 PM
    Hey,

I just bought my Moto X last week from Rogers (xt1058) a.k.a. AT&T version. It came with stock 4.2.2. It will not update (OTA or MDM). As discussed above, the xt1058 version should be getting it soon after the soak testers. The question is, will it update from 4.2.2. to 4.4.4? As provided above (I cannot post link yet) someone posted a "Stuck on 4.2.2. Verizon" thread. Do I have to flash it directly or should I wait?

I also called Moto. The lady told me that they roll out updates in batches (as y'all mentioned above) and told me to wait. However, she seemed to give me a generic answer. And when I asked her something more specific, like about the pre-camera and post-camera updates in previous versions she didn't know.

I also called Rogers "tech support". The person told me to factory reset and if that doesn't fix it to exchange it (I read that updates and etc are sorted in a diff partition so they won't be affected by a factory reset, which is also eluded to in this thread). He also tried to convince me that 4.2.2. was KitKat... he actually told me it more than twice before I convinced him it wasn't...so pretty much his credibility was....

Any help will be very much appreciated. As I am sure many of you are more qualified in helping me than those I've talked to on the phone. Just trying to get out of 4.2.2. Thanks!
    08-15-2014 04:38 AM
    Can we unlock you Moto X from carrier and get the updates faster? I have the xt1058 with Fido in Canada... Tired to wait!
    08-16-2014 01:17 AM
    Can we unlock you Moto X from carrier and get the updates faster? I have the xt1058 with Fido in Canada... Tired to wait!
    Updates will still come from whatever the original source is for that o particular device.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.
    Mathieu Laflamme likes this.
    08-16-2014 07:17 AM
    You guys running art or dalvik? I've been running art since 4.4 on my s4 and turned it on immediately on the X when I got it. Much better IMO.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    I've been running ART as soon as I was able to switch, and I've never had any issues with it.
    SamuriHL likes this.
    08-16-2014 05:08 PM
    Updates will still come from whatever the original source is for that o particular device.
    Well that sucks! So there is no advantage to unlock if you stay with the same carrier then? How do you know that?
    08-17-2014 01:03 AM
    I'm still waiting for the update. I guess that since I am on 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 isn't that big an update, I should be patient and wait for the Android L upgrade in the fall.
    08-18-2014 12:05 PM
    Yeah I have been waiting also. Would really like to get off 4.4.3 since their is security issues with it. But I guess T-Mobile is taking forever
    08-20-2014 02:49 AM
    Yeah I have been waiting also. Would really like to get off 4.4.3 since their is security issues with it. But I guess T-Mobile is taking forever
    First, T-Mobile has nothing to do with the update, that Moto X is an unlocked, carrier free version. While you can get it with a T-Mobile SIM card (though you can also get a Net 10 SIM card), that is just a convenience.

Second, the security issue that 4.4.4 fixed was there before Android 4.4.3, just that it was only found in May around the time 4.4.3 was released. It appears the vulnerability had been in OpenSSL, just undiscovered, for years.
    08-20-2014 04:08 AM
    Does anyone have a GSM (XT1053) Dev Edition phone that hasn't received the update to 4.4.4? I'm on AT&T but ordered the phone from Motorola (unlocked developer edition). Wondering if I'm alone. I'm rooted as well, but that didn't stop the update notification for 4.4.3 from bugging me every day from Sunday. Just wondering what's up.

s
    09-12-2014 01:17 PM
    It hasn't been released. 4.4.3 contains almost everything 4.4.4 has except a couple security patches. If I had to guess I'd say at this point moto decided we should just move to L and call it good.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    09-13-2014 12:41 AM
    My moto x is calling for the 4.4.4 update. Currently on 4.4.2. I've heard of a lot of people mention that the update on this, and other phones, caused their messaging to not sync with their vehicle anymore. Has anyone experienced that? Or anyone with 4.4.4 and text messages still show up on vehicles screen and are read out to you?
    Leary of the update if it kills one of my favorite features of my car.
    09-13-2014 05:33 PM
    Does anyone have a GSM (XT1053) Dev Edition phone that hasn't received the update to 4.4.4? I'm on AT&T but ordered the phone from Motorola (unlocked developer edition). Wondering if I'm alone. I'm rooted as well, but that didn't stop the update notification for 4.4.3 from bugging me every day from Sunday. Just wondering what's up.

s
    Same here. I have the XT1053 on ATT, but I'm not rooted. I'm thinking that we may go straight to L. The update from 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 was minimal anyway.
    09-14-2014 10:52 PM
157 ... 4567