Moto X: 4.4.4 Update

BruceP

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Im on Verizon and i never got the update...everytime time i search for updates it says my phone is up to date, but i never took the OTA.

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Received the update last night in the UK. EE network.
Seems OK so far, everything seems to be running as before but it is smoother. Will see how it fares after a couple of days

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Received the update last night in the UK. EE network.
Seems OK so far, everything seems to be running as before but it is smoother. Will see how it fares after a couple of days

Turn on ART and it gets even smoother I turned art on back when I first got 4.4. I have not had a single app that doesn't work.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Turn on ART and it gets even smoother I turned art on back when I first got 4.4. I have not had a single app that doesn't work.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
I've had ART enabled since I got my Moto X. I agree it is much smoother. I only have 1 app that doesn't work. But it's a running app so there are plenty of alternatives that do work.
Looking forward to ART being default

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
battery life is amazing with this update
3yvavazu.jpg
avaresuj.jpg

vamanyta.jpg
utyzepas.jpg

James Harris92

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Soooo, I have an AT&T Moto X and I received a notification that I had an update available for 4.4.4 today. I accepted it and it did nothing, now when I go to check for updates it says there are none available.... does anyone know whats up with that???

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You have to be completely stock for the update to install. That includes recovery. I've seen people are getting the update but I've yet to see anyone capture the zip file for it so I can't yet help you sideload it, either.

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Soooo, I have an AT&T Moto X and I received a notification that I had an update available for 4.4.4 today. I accepted it and it did nothing, now when I go to check for updates it says there are none available.... does anyone know whats up with that???
The soak test just started. If you are not in it maybe it was a mistake when they rolled out the soak test. Usually they roll out pretty fast once the soak test starts, or at least they have with KitKat.

zavandiver

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the Sprint Moto X is pushing 4.4.4 now. Someone on XDA just got it. Now, about that xt1053 update..... :D
LIkewise waiting for the xt1053 update. It seems that the 4.4.3 update was pushed to the xt1053 pretty fast. One reason I went for the unlocked dev edition was to get faster system updates (this from a new convert from iPhone to Android).

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
LIkewise waiting for the xt1053 update. It seems that the 4.4.3 update was pushed to the xt1053 pretty fast. One reason I went for the unlocked dev edition was to get faster system updates (this from a new convert from iPhone to Android).

I'm pretty sure they're leaving us to last because technically 4.4.3 contains everything except an SSL patch. (A lot of people are erroneously reporting that fix as the one for heartbleed but that is not the case. It's a different SSL bug. Heartbleed was patched in 4.4.3). I'm pretty sure Moto wanted to get those devices that were left on 4.4.2 up to 4.4.4 so they could have all the benefits that we already had. That being said, Sprint is pushing out and AT&T has now gone to pull so we are most likely up next and very, very soon. Like next week I'm thinking. It should be an incredibly minor update for us.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they're leaving us to last because technically 4.4.3 contains everything except an SSL patch. (A lot of people are erroneously reporting that fix as the one for heartbleed but that is not the case. It's a different SSL bug. Heartbleed was patched in 4.4.3). I'm pretty sure Moto wanted to get those devices that were left on 4.4.2 up to 4.4.4 so they could have all the benefits that we already had. That being said, Sprint is pushing out and AT&T has now gone to pull so we are most likely up next and very, very soon. Like next week I'm thinking. It should be an incredibly minor update for us.

I'm 99% positive that the only version of android that was ever affected by the heartbleed vulnerability was 4.1.2. Anyone with a version of Android that is newer OR older than that will not be affected. 4.4.3 was released as a maintenance release and had an updated dialer and people app for those of us on an in skinned version.

4.4.4 was very quickly released after to fix an SSL bug that 4.4.3 actually created.

WttftW

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I just bought my Moto X last week from Rogers (xt1058) a.k.a. AT&T version. It came with stock 4.2.2. It will not update (OTA or MDM). As discussed above, the xt1058 version should be getting it soon after the soak testers. The question is, will it update from 4.2.2. to 4.4.4? As provided above (I cannot post link yet) someone posted a "Stuck on 4.2.2. Verizon" thread. Do I have to flash it directly or should I wait?

I also called Moto. The lady told me that they roll out updates in batches (as y'all mentioned above) and told me to wait. However, she seemed to give me a generic answer. And when I asked her something more specific, like about the pre-camera and post-camera updates in previous versions she didn't know.

I also called Rogers "tech support". The person told me to factory reset and if that doesn't fix it to exchange it (I read that updates and etc are sorted in a diff partition so they won't be affected by a factory reset, which is also eluded to in this thread). He also tried to convince me that 4.2.2. was KitKat... he actually told me it more than twice before I convinced him it wasn't...so pretty much his credibility was....

Any help will be very much appreciated. As I am sure many of you are more qualified in helping me than those I've talked to on the phone. Just trying to get out of 4.2.2. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol