Moto X: 4.4.4 Update

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
People always post when the emails go out, and someone always freaks out about it. The soak test and general launch will happen at the same time, just like last time.

In the mean time, relax.

It happened that way before because someone blabbed. Motorola asks to keep things private for a reason.

Posted via Android Central App

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Obviously you don't know the meaning of keeping soak tests PRIVATE. Now, when Motorola pulls the test we all suffer and the update will only be delayed further.

Lmao. Considering many news sites reported it and I'm NOT part of the soak test, you can obviously go lecture someone who 1) cares 2) is the proper target of your supposed wrath. Lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

cmdr430

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I have not used my moto x in months. I just hit the system update and it started downloading a 157mb file. it is now running 4.4.2 I thought moto said they were going to skip right to 4.4.4.

any thoughts?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have not used my moto x in months. I just hit the system update and it started downloading a 157mb file. it is now running 4.4.2 I thought moto said they were going to skip right to 4.4.4.

any thoughts?

4.4.3 is being skipped. Verizon is on 4.4.2 going to 4.4.4.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you both had missed an update. That is strange that it never prompted you for it. My GSM Dev Edition is running 4.4.3. Your VZW X is getting 4.4.4 that will update from 4.4.2. So you both need to be on 4.4.2 to get 4.4.4 once the soak test completes and they start pushing it OTA.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Haven't heard anything but Moto has been quite transparent with these updates and have posted updates to their rollout on G+ quite a bit. The plan for the X is between now and mid-August to have them all on 4.4.4. So I suspect Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile/GSM Dev Edition (i.e. the one I'm on) will be up on deck soon. I really like Moto of the past year. They've been transparent, they've been consistent, and they've driven quick updates across their devices. It's really refreshing and I hope they keep it up.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
You had an update waiting. This is the current software with 4.4.4 coming soon.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

any thoughts?

4.4.2 has been on the X for months. They're skipping 4.4.3 and going directly to 4.4.4.

Edit: ignore.. Didn't scroll down far enough to see someone already covered this.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's coming very quickly. Within days. Sit tight... I'll have some news once the soak is out there. ;)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Ever since 4.4.3 was announced a month ago, I was wondering what was going on with the Sprint Moto X. I've been hitting the Update Motorola Software button in Settings like a mad man for that long lol.

On a separate (but semi-related note), when you update apps in Android, is the previous apk replaced with the new one? I ask because if you look up an app's specifics in Settings, there's a button that says "Uninstall Updates" - the plural makes it seem as if previous apks continue stacking upon one another or something.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
makes it seem as if previous apks continue stacking upon one another or something.

Many APK's are set up install the latest software if you have no version of the app and to only update/upgrade existing versions if you already have the app. This cuts down on installation time as it only has to over-write things that are actually different.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ever since 4.4.3 was announced a month ago, I was wondering what was going on with the Sprint Moto X. I've been hitting the Update Motorola Software button in Settings like a mad man for that long lol.

On a separate (but semi-related note), when you update apps in Android, is the previous apk replaced with the new one? I ask because if you look up an app's specifics in Settings, there's a button that says "Uninstall Updates" - the plural makes it seem as if previous apks continue stacking upon one another or something.

Just to expand a bit on what DarthSpock said.

- If the app came preinstalled on your phone by the carrier or manufacturer, it cannot be uninstalled - you can't alter the software that came on the phone (unless you root, but that's a whole other conversation). If you install an update, it is installed in a different area and the system points to it. The original software is still there, just dormant. If you uninstall what you put on there, the system points back to the "factory image" version of that software. For those apps, you'll see "uninstall updates".

- If the app didn't come as part of the operating system on the phone, you can uninstall it completely since it's all in areas you have access to. For those apps, you'll see "uninstall"

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
To complete that answer, there are some apps that are built in and when you uninstall the updates it gives you the option to disable them. Not all apps can be disabled (again, without root, but, another conversation) but some can. Helps reduce the bloatware/clutter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma