Moto X: 4.4.4 Update

mawells787

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine. Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

Can you post a screen shot of the build number ECT. I just want to be 100% that the final build is the same as soak build.
This is the soak build from my phone.
babytu7e.jpg

Last edited:

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X: 4.4.4 Update (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US)

Can you post a screen shot of the build number ECT. I just want to be 100% that the final build is the same as soak build.
This is the soak build from my phone.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/29/babytu7e.jpg

Just got mine. Here is the screenshot you requested.

Attachments

• 4034.jpg
    4034.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 328

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X: 4.4.4 Update (212.56.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US)

so does anyone else not like the new phone app ? it looks nice but the search bar is so small & the end call button while on the phone has been dramatically reduced in size. like why ?
e5erugad.jpg
usu8ezaz.jpg

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

so does anyone else not like the new phone app ? it looks nice but the search bar is so small & the end call button while on the phone has been dramatically reduced in size. like why ? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/29/e5erugad.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/29/usu8ezaz.jpg

I like it thus far. I thought the end call button looked a tad smaller but that's fine (for me) as I found myself accidentally pressing it sometimes when taking it away from my face to turn it on speakerphone.. Hopefully that'll help.

The search bar I like being smaller as well as I don't use it too often and it allows for 6 favorites to show up on the screen instead of 3-4.

To each their own though. Hopefully they'll eventually grow on ya.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Still haven't got mine. Did someone say in another thread that if you're on 4.4.2 you won't get the update?? I want it b/c I want this camera to be better so badly in low light situations. It's literally the only thing I don't like about this phone and it's a big thing for me. I want to see picture improvements so I'm holding hope!! The Moto X+1 better have a dope camera lol.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Still haven't got mine. Did someone say in another thread that if you're on 4.4.2 you won't get the update?? I want it b/c I want this camera to be better so badly in low light situations. It's literally the only thing I don't like about this phone and it's a big thing for me. I want to see picture improvements so I'm holding hope!! The Moto X+1 better have a dope camera lol.

You will get the update if on 4.4.2. I don't know where you read you wouldn't.
Just be patient it will happen :)

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

You will get the update if on 4.4.2. I don't know where you read you wouldn't.
Just be patient it will happen :)

It was in another thread in this forum. I figured I would but i was slightly taken back by the comment. Must have interpreted it wrong.

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I have a rooted Dev Ed with TWRP. The downloadable 4.4.4 fails for me. TWRP intervenes and then it starts bootlooping. How do I go about installing the update? Will I lose root? I guess what I'm really asking for is an update that I can flash with Flashify, keep TWRP and keep root. If I wait a few weeks, do you think a flashable rooted zip will become available?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

I have a rooted Dev Ed with TWRP. The downloadable 4.4.4 fails for me. TWRP intervenes and then it starts bootlooping. How do I go about installing the update? Will I lose root? I guess what I'm really asking for is an update that I can flash with Flashify, keep TWRP and keep root. If I wait a few weeks, do you think a flashable rooted zip will become available?

A stock update from Motorola cannot be flashed in a custom recovery or on top of a custom ROM. That includes a modified stock ROM. As for root...root is completely different from a custom recovery and sometimes ota updates break root and sometimes they don't. It depends on the phone and the ota, and there is no way to know until someone tries it. Since yours is a developer edition I would think the update would not break root access.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 4.4.4 OTA on Verizon.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Same here...was sitting on notification bar when I woke up this morning. Let's see how it performs the next few days.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if motorola made a deal with Verizon. Give us priority for updates, or lose the Droid line of phones.....

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know when ATT is suppose to get 4.4.4???

I have been waiting

In the same boat as you with my xt1053 Dev Edition. I would say that given that this build is now OTA for the xt1060, we should start seeing our builds roll out in the next couple weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv