Moto X: 4.4.4 Update

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if motorola made a deal with Verizon. Give us priority for updates, or lose the Droid line of phones.....

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

LMAO. Or, you know, VZW took so long on 4.4.3 verification that Moto threw 4.4.4 at them first to get it out the door. You guys never got 4.4.3. Some of us did.

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got my update. This is the first time the "check for updates" actually worked.

Posted via Android Central App

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Just got my update. This is the first time the "check for updates" actually worked.

Same here, just downloaded and installed. Now waiting for all my apps to upgrade since I'm running ART (which has been working well enough that I forgot I switched). I hit "check for updates" and installed the new OS, so far ~5 mins to compile 68 of 238 apps.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
LMAO. Or, you know, VZW took so long on 4.4.3 verification that Moto threw 4.4.4 at them first to get it out the door. You guys never got 4.4.3. Some of us did.

I made that comment because Verizon seems to get the Android updates out the door pretty darn fast now. They used to be the slowest, but now for Motorola phones, they are quick and fast at updates. I was being half serious and half sarcastic anyway.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I made that comment because Verizon seems to get the Android updates out the door pretty darn fast now. They used to be the slowest, but now for Motorola phones, they are quick and fast at updates. I was being half serious and half sarcastic anyway.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

They're not bad lately. I don't get why the xt1053 dev edition isn't updated already since it doesn't need carrier approval. But it's all good. As long as I start seeing updates push out I don't care. My S4 GPE has had it since a few days after the nexus devices so I'm not too concerned.

jimlc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow, so you made the jump and dumped big red. Who are you using and how is the service.? By the way all seem good at this point with the update (36 hours later). This is directed to Samuri

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ugh... I (warily) took the update this morning after reading a few people stating battery life has indeed improved since the update. My battery life hasn't been bad on 4.4.2, but it was wayyy better on 4.3. Now I'm on 4.4.4, and just my luck, my phone is now draining a solid 5% an hour with zero usage. I was specifically afraid of this happening, and now there's nothing I can do about it. Not saying it will happen to you, but just wanted to let the world know that at least one person is having a negative experience after the update.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ugh... I (warily) took the update this morning after reading a few people stating battery life has indeed improved since the update. My battery life hasn't been bad on 4.4.2, but it was wayyy better on 4.3. Now I'm on 4.4.4, and just my luck, my phone is now draining a solid 5% an hour with zero usage. I was specifically afraid of this happening, and now there's nothing I can do about it. Not saying it will happen to you, but just wanted to let the world know that at least one person is having a negative experience after the update.

Have you wiped the cache and/or reset or only let the OTA updated run. Have you reset since then?

jimlc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Give the update a day or two to settle in, my battery life has been great with the update. I have had problems in the past with some updates and battery but the problem has gone away after a day or two. The reset should help.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Give the update a day or two to settle in, my battery life has been great with the update. I have had problems in the past with some updates and battery but the problem has gone away after a day or two. The reset should help.

My battery life after the update has been better. I unplug at six in the morning and plug back in at about ten at night. I used to plug in with 10 to 20% battery left now I'm plugging in with 20 to 30%. I can't complain about that!

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
My battery today is much better. Going on 10.5 hours with almost two hours of screen time and 47% left.

Posted via Android Central App

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow, so you made the jump and dumped big red. Who are you using and how is the service.? By the way all seem good at this point with the update (36 hours later). This is directed to Samuri

I dumped them a year ago when I got my s4 gpe. Been on AT&T and have been quite pleased. Just got the xt1053 at the end of June. Nice little phone.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You guys running art or dalvik? I've been running art since 4.4 on my s4 and turned it on immediately on the X when I got it. Much better IMO.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You guys running art or dalvik? I've been running art since 4.4 on my s4 and turned it on immediately on the X when I got it. Much better IMO.

I using dalvik still . I haven't seen or read any reason to convince me to switch to art.Everything is running great .:)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
One can only hope the AT&T and T-Mobile variants get it "soon". I think the Sprint soak emails went out if I remember right. I'd like my dev edition to get it sometime soon. This is fully rolled out for VZW now, though. The final FXZ was even released up on the SBF site, so, it's done.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
OMGZ PONIES, Tom! We're NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT THOSE THINGS! Didn't you get the memo?! ROFLMAO LMAO :D /sarcasm

Good news for the AT&T X crowd. I didn't realize you guys were on 4.4.2, as well. Now it makes sense why the GSM Dev Edition/T-Mobile X is last...we've had 4.4.3 which I assumed the AT&T X did, as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc