Driving mode won't engage

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
All of the sudden last week my driving mode won't engage. It was working flawlessly for the previous month I've had the phone. Any suggestions? I've restarted the phone, cleared the assist app cache and memory and did a force stop as well, but nothing works.

Posted via Android Central App

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never gotten driving mode to work. Home Assist works great and reads/replies to texts allows answering calls by voice only. Driving mode never engages even with a good bt connection in the car for calls and music streaming. Gps is on, Location is high accuracy, and Google location services are off. I may try repairing with the car since Assist has been updated a few times.

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Driving mode is actually presented from the Google Play API if memory serves me. Last year they added activities automatically detected, such as walking, biking and driving. I also believe driving mode is ONLY based on GPS as it must estimate your speed to determine the activity.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not a stupid question. GPS is on, at high accuracy, as are reporting. And I have the phone connected to my cars bluetooth also

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone find an answer to this? My Moto X has been behaving the same way in the past couple of days. Driving mode was working flawlessly for months and now it's simply not detecting anything. Location Services are set to High Accuracy, and I made sure driving mode is turned on and Motorola Contexual Services has access to my location. I also made sure I have the most up-to-date version of Assist installed. I've tried clearing the cache and clearing data entirely and nothing seems to be working.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem since the update. Driving mode always worked and i used it all the time. All settings correct, cleared cache, etc. And the "home" mode has never worked.

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Home mode is what's hit or miss for me. I've been home for 3 hours and I've watched it click off twice on its own.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I got driving mode to work again.

That's helpful, thanks. When you say "working" - can you explain please? Was it not engaging at all, or not working correctly?

Mine reads aloud incoming texts and replies to same, but for outbound texts initiated via "OK Google Now" it only asks me to confirm what's shown on-screen. I don't think the latter ones are getting handled by Assist, and I'm not sure if they're even supposed to.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: there's an update to Assist in the Play Store today. "Couldn't hurt..." :)

Last edited:

freeman0189

May 17, 2011
Visit site
That's helpful, thanks. When you say "working" - can you explain please? Was it not engaging at all, or not working correctly?

Mine reads aloud incoming texts and replies to same, but for outbound texts initiated via "OK Google Now" it only asks me to confirm what's shown on-screen. I don't think the latter ones are getting handled by Assist, and I'm not sure if they're even supposed to.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: there's an update to Assist in the Play Store today. "Couldn't hurt..." :)

It wasn't engaging at all.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I got driving mode to work again. I cleared the cache partition (https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/94946/p/30,6720,8696) and opened Assist, disabled driving mode, hit the back key to exit Assist, opened it again, and re-enabled driving mode. I did these right after each other, so not sure which one actually fixed it, but it was working now.

I tried this again, still won't work. So frustrating.

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463