Try then Buy Resulted in me being charged for Moto X

LongLeggs

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
A week and a half into my two week trial (which ended yesterday), I went and filled out the return information. Got the confirmation saying it would take 4 hours to process and I would get a fedex label in my email (yes I checked spam and junk folders). Fast forward to today, day 15, still no email with a label. So I go and check my credit card, they charged me the 500 plus bill for the phone. I call up Moto, give them the ticket number, nothing comes up even though I have an email confirming everything. I go a little higher, I am told by a person that because it's a wood back, I had to call for the return. I am really sorry but uh that wasn't stipulated in the deal. All it said was go to the link to return it, which I did. So now I am in a waiting game and hopefully they will make this right. I followed the terms. I started the return process within the 14 days and they still screwed me. Did this happen to anyone else?

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the wood back and just filled out the return form yesterday. I did get an email though with a shipping label. They better not charge my card $500 lol. I'm sure they'll make it right but I never saw any spiculation about having a wood back and having to call? That makes no sense.

Posted via Android Central App - Moto X

LongLeggs

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I got the wood back and just filled out the return form yesterday. I did get an email though with a shipping label. They better not charge my card $500 lol. I'm sure they'll make it right but I never saw any spiculation about having a wood back and having to call? That makes no sense.

Posted via Android Central App - Moto X

It actually states it on their normal returns page. The page we got for the try then buy is totally different. They still haven't gotten back to me, so I filed a complaint with AMEX.

This is what it says on their NORMAL returns page:
(2)
If returning a wood phone, please call us at 1-800-734-5870 to learn how to receive a refund of your undamaged phone in its original packaging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy