07-13-2014 10:44 AM
47 12
tools
    Evolve SMS is the best texting app that I have ever used. The customization and features make it a winner for me.
    07-03-2014 04:52 AM
    As far as using evolve SMS, does anyone know how to get the theme pack plug in? I can't figure that out for the life of me lol. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    07-03-2014 06:51 AM
    I use ChompSMS. Just got my X a few days ago but so far it's worked flawlessly for me.
    07-03-2014 08:25 AM
    Hangouts here as well. I love the fact that I can have individual notification sounds for each person.
    07-03-2014 09:22 AM
    I've tried evolved two different times and it lagged like death on my my moto X. One of the few times I've ever experienced lag on it period
    07-03-2014 06:19 PM
    Google Voice. I will move to Hangouts if and when the integration occurs.
    07-03-2014 07:13 PM
    I've tried evolved two different times and it lagged like death on my my moto X. One of the few times I've ever experienced lag on it period
    That's what I'm saying man. Like I don't even know why people are denying that. It's miserable.

07-03-2014 07:17 PM
    Google Voice. I will move to Hangouts if and when the integration occurs.
    I still use Google Voice when texting messages that are not time sensitive to my wife and family. But I've given up on it as my primary texting app.

Unfortunately Voice has been unreliable and I will receive messages hours after they were sent. I use it for visual voice mail too. Seems like I'll get a voicemail message notification and suddenly it'll give me a couple of text notifications at the same time. As if it's saying "Oh yeah, BTW, here's some texts you've received over the past two days..."

I also once in a while get a voicemail where the call must have gone straight to Voice because I won't hear a ring or have a missed call in my history. Doesn't happen often and I'm not giving Verizon $4/month for visual voice mail, so I'll deal with that error.

Sent from my Moto X
    07-04-2014 12:51 AM
    I'm using Chomp SMS currently and I've used it off and on for a couple of years. I like the customization and it seems to work well. I spent a couple of months using Textra and really liked it. It's the same developer that created Chomp. I like the lightweight part of Textra, but it wouldn't hurt to make it look a little more slick in the UI. I didn't have any issues with it, but I ended up back with Chomp due to the customization. I'd use Hangouts, but the one thing I really have to have from any SMS app is repeat notifications. I receive alarm texts from work and it's important that I hear them even during the night so I need an app that can repeat the notification several times to make sure it wakes me up. If Hangouts can do this I haven't found the option yet. If that was added I would probably give it a try to consolidate everything into one app.
    07-04-2014 01:55 PM
    I'm using hangouts. I'm slowly converting my friends to Google+ so hangouts is coming in handy.

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-iphone-...id-users-care/
    07-04-2014 03:26 PM
    Stock Motorola.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    07-04-2014 05:04 PM
    So far I love using evolve SMS up picture ID synching is perfect the way it is perfect only take them 5 megabytes of file space which I can't complain about what so ever hangouts takes 15 megabytes of file space now, if hangouts worked flawlessly and that would be a different story of course

07-04-2014 06:14 PM
    That's what I'm saying man. Like I don't even know why people are denying that. It's miserable.

I'm assuming by "people" you mean me and others who are saying we are not having any issues with the evolve app. I don't know what you want me to say man, i have zero lag with evolve and i wouldn't have come in here to suggest it to the OP if i had issues with it. Evolve works flawlessly for me and I'm not going to apologize for it. Lol. I have used the stock app, 8sms and textra in the past year. All work fine for me, but i switched to evolve about 4 months ago or so and i don't have a moment of lag and i prefer it to the others. The dev also makes Falcon for twitter and i don't like it, so you know I'm not here to promote the dev.

Sent from my Moto X
    07-05-2014 02:00 PM
    I'm assuming by "people" you mean me and others who are saying we are not having any issues with the evolve app. I don't know what you want me to say man, i have zero lag with evolve and i wouldn't have come in here to suggest it to the OP if i had issues with it. Evolve works flawlessly for me and I'm not going to apologize for it. Lol. I have used the stock app, 8sms and textra in the past year. All work fine for me, but i switched to evolve about 4 months ago or so and i don't have a moment of lag and i prefer it to the others. The dev also makes Falcon for twitter and i don't like it, so you know I'm not here to promote the dev.

Sent from my Moto X
    I just tried Evolve to see what it was like. I did not experience any lag in the two days that I used it. It worked smooth and fast for me on my Moto X. I still prefer Hangouts though and switched back to it and uninstalled Evolve

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    alphabets likes this.
    07-05-2014 02:35 PM
    I used to use EvolveSMS but it lags and some of the messages I sent weren't being received.

Switched to Hoverchat and it's been great. I love the pop up icon that appears so you can just answer immediately without having to go to the individual SMS app.

Free Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inja.sms.promo
    Premium: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inja.sms&hl=en
    07-05-2014 02:42 PM
    I used to use EvolveSMS but it lags and some of the messages I sent weren't being received.

Switched to Hoverchat and it's been great. I love the pop up icon that appears so you can just answer immediately without having to go to the individual SMS app.

Free Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inja.sms.promo
    Premium: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inja.sms&hl=en
    It's just crazy how different some of our experiences can be with certain apps. I like the look of that Hoverchat as well...might give that a go around.
    07-05-2014 04:33 PM
    It's just crazy how different some of our experiences can be with certain apps. I like the look of that Hoverchat as well...might give that a go around.
    I started searching some of apps listed by some on this topic and I actually found myself switching to Textra now. Very simple and laid out well. It also has the pops up like Hoverchat, only in much larger form.
    07-06-2014 12:37 AM
    8sms. Its just like stock but has Roch notification features such as reply and mark as read
    07-06-2014 02:50 AM
    Textra here with no issues for Months, cheers
    07-06-2014 07:45 AM
    I'm using stock SMS because I'm old, crabby and set in my ways.

anon(464338) likes this.
    07-06-2014 08:18 AM
    Handcent SMS
    07-06-2014 08:22 PM
    I am now testing MySMS and the reason being is it allows me to text from my tablet also using my mobile number :-) I have tried a few others and they all had issues, this ones seems to work good so far and it's free.
    07-13-2014 10:44 AM
47 12