Taking the tunes with me

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
We'll be going for a drive. This will be my first EXTENDED drive since selling my iPod (Yes. I had one. Don't judge!) and I want to listen to tunes on the road.

I have a Meenova and a 32GB card. I also have the Nexus Media Importer app.

What would be the best way to listen to my music collection?

1) Download via Google Play Music App to the SD card and play music from the SD card

2) Download via the Google Music Manager on a PC to the SD card and use Nexus Media Importer or another music app

The downside to the Meenova being plugged into the Moto X is that I wouldn't be able to charge the phone and listen to music at the same time. I could use the Nexus 7 as the music player instead of the Moto X.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
You can stream from any source for about 60-100mb/hour. Take a bunch with you but just add more gb if you need it. Even if you've used your full data allotment it's only about $1/hour ($10/gb) to add more from verizon or att I believe.

Hell at $4/g gas is probably costing you $8/h or more.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
How much music(GB's) are we talking about?

I'm just taking a guess and say that the playlist is not very much, but the Moto X only has about 3.75 GB free and that's after deleting some unused apps. The Nexus 7 (8GB version, don't judge) has about 5GB free. I can probably just make a playlist of "traveling tunes" and put that local to the Nexus 7 and use that as the travel media device for this trip.