Play Store: Motorola Connect Update (2.00, 2014-07-08)

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the change to the logo on the browser bar this afternoon. If it is already installed do we need to do anything?

Also I noticed that it STILL breaks up words. How can it be that an old flip phone knows not to split up words when breaking up texts over the character limit, but this thing still can't do that???

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the change to the logo on the browser bar this afternoon. If it is already installed do we need to do anything?

Also I noticed that it STILL breaks up words. How can it be that an old flip phone knows not to split up words when breaking up texts over the character limit, but this thing still can't do that???

I think that only happens when you have a message in excess of 144 chars outside your provider though? Is it not broken up on hangouts on the phone itself?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I think that only happens when you have a message in excess of 144 chars outside your provider though? Is it not broken up on hangouts on the phone itself?

I use the stock messaging system. Yes it breaks it up and appears like that on the phone as well, and I am on Cricket which doesn't do roaming so I am always on my provider (AT&T network). It breaks it up after a certain amount of characters and will split up words instead of putting the whole word in the next message like phone texting apps do.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's odd because the Motorola messaging app on the phone doesn't break it up all weird.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock messaging system. Yes it breaks it up and appears like that on the phone as well, and I am on Cricket which doesn't do roaming so I am always on my provider (AT&T network). It breaks it up after a certain amount of characters and will split up words instead of putting the whole word in the next message like phone texting apps do.

We're on Verizon. My wife gets broken up texts all the time mainly from her best friend who is on AT&T. I always wondered if it was AT&T and not the iPhone that caused that.

Sent from my Moto X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech