Moto Maker: Unlocked GSM Moto X (with NET10 SIM) $299.99 through 7/16

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola said on Twitter that it's the XT1053.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

nikvana

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for this if its late/naive, but then does it mean its confirmed that the phone is unlocked and can be used with any SIM internationally on a GSM network?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for this if its late/naive, but then does it mean its confirmed that the phone is unlocked and can be used with any SIM internationally on a GSM network?

So far, we've been able to confirm the model number.

Motorola advertises it as an "unlocked GSM phone with a NET10 SIM installed". This should mean that the phone is not SIM locked at all.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Why do they never include the model number. If it is an XT1053, I'm in for one. I don't want a phone with Net10 customized firmware on it.

Whats special about the XT1053? I have an unlocked one here in Mexico. I didn't know my device was special.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Whats special about the XT1053? I have an unlocked one here in Mexico. I didn't know my device was special.

The big advantage is that it shouldn't come with any carrier "bloatware", the added software that carriers like to add to their phones. Additionally, it has all the frequencies for people who use T-Mobile.

I just ordered my phone, though it shows it will be next Tuesday (a week from tomorrow) before I get it. One thing that makes me feel better about ordering the Net10 version, that this is the generic XT1053, is how it shows that Net10 SIM kit as a free bonus to the purchase. It is listed on the receipt the same way the Skip is listed.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
The big advantage is that it shouldn't come with any carrier "bloatware", the added software that carriers like to add to their phones. Additionally, it has all the frequencies for people who use T-Mobile.

I just ordered my phone, though it shows it will be next Tuesday (a week from tomorrow) before I get it. One thing that makes me feel better about ordering the Net10 version, that this is the generic XT1053, is how it shows that Net10 SIM kit as a free bonus to the purchase. It is listed on the receipt the same way the Skip is listed.

OK. That's true, my Moto X has no carrier software.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
So has anyone received the Moto X yet? I received notification that mine is being assembled and feel a bit like a little kid waiting for Christmas. ;)

data_monkey

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
So has anyone received the Moto X yet?

I'm receiving mine today, will update tonight...

Update: received and it works perfectly fine on Cricket Wireless (runs on at&t network).. i would guess it would have no problems on t-mo as well... there is no carrier branding or bloatware. it just came with a net10 sim activation kit...

Last edited:

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Moto Maker told me it wouldn't ship until 7-22.

I was quoted a date of the 22nd for mine to be delivered. I'm hoping to have it sooner based on others experiences. It seems as if Motorola pads their dates somewhat, with most I've seen saying they got their phone early. Looking at other threads, it appears that frequently people received their phone within 3 business days of when they got the email notifying them it was being assembled. While I'm not counting on it, if this holds true, I could have my phone Friday.

Brain2Me2

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm receiving mine today, will update tonight...

Update: received and it works perfectly fine on Cricket Wireless (runs on at&t network).. i would guess it would have no problems on t-mo as well... there is no carrier branding or bloatware. it just came with a net10 sim activation kit...
So it is indeed XT1053 right?

data_monkey

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
So it is indeed XT1053 right?

I dont know how to find if it is XT1053, but if you read my previous post, I asked a motorola rep about my phone details after placing the order...
He replied with this script - "right, I've check the details of your order and it is Moto X Net 10 - 1 of OPTN,XT1053-AFX,16GB,BLK,ENDO model."

So I believe it is XT1053, but I dont know how to confirm that on my phone or on the box...

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
So I believe it is XT1053, but I dont know how to confirm that on my phone or on the box...

No, it doesn't say on the box but in small print at the bottom of the back cover of my original phone it shows, among other things, the model number: XT1053. When plugged into my PC it shows only as XT1053.

data_monkey

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Please check...an hour and a half till midnight!

please go ahead and order right now! i confirmed in 3 places...
1) in the back cover of the phone (it is extremely difficult to see atleast on a woven white back)
2) connected to computer and comp says xt1053
3) at the 'Set up wi-fi hotspot' setting, the default hotspot name starts with 'XT 1053.. blah blah"

so yes.. definitely xt1053...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay