Moto Maker: Unlocked GSM Moto X (with NET10 SIM) $299.99 through 7/16

intelkw

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I was quoted a date of the 22nd for mine to be delivered. I'm hoping to have it sooner based on others experiences. It seems as if Motorola pads their dates somewhat, with most I've seen saying they got their phone early. Looking at other threads, it appears that frequently people received their phone within 3 business days of when they got the email notifying them it was being assembled. While I'm not counting on it, if this holds true, I could have my phone Friday.

Has anyone else received their Moto X? I was wondering if the 3 business day thing is holding true? I ordered mine Wed and just got off the phone with Motorola and she said it wasn't due to ship until the 21st. Do you get an email when the phone ships or just one that says its being assembled? Thanks!

devman

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else received their Moto X? I was wondering if the 3 business day thing is holding true? I ordered mine Wed and just got off the phone with Motorola and she said it wasn't due to ship until the 21st. Do you get an email when the phone ships or just one that says its being assembled? Thanks!

I ordered mine on July 12 and got it on July 17th (Yesterday). Motorola sent it 2Day FedEx from Texas to me. As other have mentioned it is an XT1053, no carrier branding or anything, I activated it on the AT&T GoPhone walmart plan and was able to get LTE just fine.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

I did get a shipping email last night, which gave a Monday date of delivery (as was mentioned, 2-day FedEx). I'm hoping I can pick it up tomorrow, as the FedEx Shipping Center isn't far from my house and it seems pointless to make my poor phone sit there over the weekend. ;)

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I just did a check and with the promo code the 64GB unlocked version with woodback is $299.99 before tax. Obviously this mean the X+1 is coming very soon.

PS. It could be a temporary bug, but with the combination of woodback and 64gb, it goes down to $300, otherwise it's higher.

Last edited:

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I just did a check and with the promo code the 64GB unlocked version with woodback is $299.99 before tax. Obviously this mean the X+1 is coming very soon.

PS. It could be a temporary bug, but with the combination of woodback and 64gb, it goes down to $300, otherwise it's higher.

That "MBXISMOT" promo code is a slightly better deal than the Net10, since it gives $125 off of 32GB and 64GB phones. I'll agree, $300 for a 64GB with a wood back has to be a glitch but I can't blame people for trying to get it.

On another note, it appears Motorola overcharged me for my order. I ordered a case with my order, which were half off as part of the promo. Despite showing the case as half off on the invoice, the discount wasn't removed from the total (or from what they charged me).

intelkw

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

You sure this works? Please double check...cause I will re-order if thats the case. I just tried it and it was not $300. If it's true, post the combo you used (T-mobile or Net 10, particular shade of wood) Thanks!

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Tried unlocked, it was 399.99.
They must have fixed it.
Ha, Not that i desperately need another...
Saw that sealed batteries are good for ~1000-1200 charges
That works out to about 3 years.
Seems logical that the X + 1 is coming soon.

zer000five

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Question to anyone who got ther X from Motomaker:

Do they call you, or just send you emails when you order from them? I hate to give out my phone number.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Question to anyone who got ther X from Motomaker:

Do they call you, or just send you emails when you order from them? I hate to give out my phone number.

They send emails, though they do ask for your phone number in case there is an issue with shipping.

As for the $299 64GB Moto X with wooden backs, I wonder if Motorola will honor that price or cancel the orders?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Just curious what the status of your order is? It seems like, if they are honoring the price, you should (at a minimum) have gotten the email stating they are making your phone.
I checked out as a guest so I can't check my order status (don't want to use Google+), but a few people who ordered the 64gb woodback version got their order put on hold. I called them up today and they said its due to some glitch in their system that they need to fix and shouldn't affect the order.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
They canceled my order. I guess they just don't want me to get that $299 saving. But I'm glad they did, with the leak of the X+1 I'm looking forward to that.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
They canceled my order. I guess they just don't want me to get that $299 saving. But I'm glad they did, with the leak of the X+1 I'm looking forward to that.

Sorry to hear that. While I understand Motorola not wanting to take such a large hit on the phones that were ordered, it was their mistake and it seems like they should do something other than merely cancel the order.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. While I understand Motorola not wanting to take such a large hit on the phones that were ordered, it was their mistake and it seems like they should do something other than merely cancel the order.
I sold my Moto X 32gb when I made that order because I thought it would went through, I wish I didn't. I can simply wait for the X+1 which I know is coming soon. But I almost want to sell this OnePlus One to get the Moto X 64gb at its full price, there is almost no money loss since the OnePlus is still high in demand. The LTE signal of the OnePlus is just no good, I always have to switch back to 3G to get data signal indoor, sometimes I lose signal completely or drop to E. That X+1 can't come soon enough.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I sold my Moto X 32gb when I made that order because I thought it would went through, I wish I didn't. I can simply wait for the X+1 which I know is coming soon. But I almost want to sell this OnePlus One to get the Moto X 64gb at its full price, there is almost no money loss since the OnePlus is still high in demand. The LTE signal of the OnePlus is just no good, I always have to switch back to 3G to get data signal indoor, sometimes I lose signal completely or drop to E. That X+1 can't come soon enough.

The Moto X is still on sale, with the 64GB selling for $374. If you ordered a wood back, that would make it $399. Not quite as good as the $299 price that Motorola cancelled but still a great price on a 64GB phone. The 16GB is $299 and the 32GB is $324.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma