08-28-2014 03:24 AM
54 123
tools
    Just got it tonight, 4.4.4., Verizon, So California area. Took about 10 minutes....
    +1
    07-31-2014 12:53 AM
    Just got it tonight, 4.4.4., Verizon, So California area. Took about 10 minutes....
    Location is irrelevant.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto G)
    sakasune likes this.
    07-31-2014 01:06 AM
    Just got it as well.
    07-31-2014 05:19 AM
    Got it this morning.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-31-2014 06:09 AM
    Verizon Moto X: 4.4.4 wasn't showing for me but I did a "check for updates" and it is currently downloading!!

Check for updates!!
    07-31-2014 07:05 AM
    Got it this morning. Low-light pictures still blow. I honestly don't see any improvements. This sucks.... bad. I love the features of this phone but a good low-light camera (and camera in general) is extremely important to me and possibly a deal breaker. Might be looking to trade for a G2..... Sucks too b/c I really, really like the phone itself. We'll see if I can deal w/ it.
    07-31-2014 08:03 AM
    Got it this morning.
    07-31-2014 08:38 AM
    Got the update this morning on my Verizon Moto X. For some reason though i am not getting any texts, yet people are receiving mine. Used both my third party hello sms app and stock with no avail. Anyone else experience this or know a fix?
    07-31-2014 11:32 AM
    Got the update this morning on my Verizon Moto X. For some reason though i am not getting any texts, yet people are receiving mine. Used both my third party hello sms app and stock with no avail. Anyone else experience this or know a fix?
    SMS appears to working fine. I'm using the Motorola stock client.
    07-31-2014 11:43 AM
    Listened to a podcast for 30 minutes via Pocket Casts. No issues.

Listened to a playlist for 30 minutes via Google Play Music. No issues.
    07-31-2014 11:48 AM
    SMS appears to working fine. I'm using the Motorola stock client.
    I'm having the same issue. A coworker came in today w/ donuts and sent me a text saying he was picking them up. I had eaten a donut before I even got his text... then I got it again. I hope I don't have to do a factory reset...... This was via Hangouts.
    07-31-2014 01:55 PM
    I'm having the same issue. A coworker came in today w/ donuts and sent me a text saying he was picking them up. I had eaten a donut before I even got his text... then I got it again. I hope I don't have to do a factory reset...... This was via Hangouts.
    I'm using the stock SMS app and Motorola Connect to send and receive messages. Successfully sent/received with AT&T, Verizon, Verizon/iPhone, and Google Voice.
    07-31-2014 02:24 PM
    Got it this morning. Low-light pictures still blow. I honestly don't see any improvements. This sucks.... bad. I love the features of this phone but a good low-light camera (and camera in general) is extremely important to me and possibly a deal breaker. Might be looking to trade for a G2..... Sucks too b/c I really, really like the phone itself. We'll see if I can deal w/ it.
    X+1 is coming soon. If you can wait, it will probably have a much better camera + all the current Moto X features and some new excellent ones.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    07-31-2014 02:51 PM
    Tom in Bristol said: <<...and when it's been off on your desk for a while, you can bring up the clock/padlock by waving your hand over it. Sure glad I no longer have to expend all that energy rocking it. <snort>>>>

True, but the hand wave is just cool. "These aren't the droids your looking for..."
    07-31-2014 04:31 PM
    Also downloaded and installed manually from Android life link.

A question about the camera image quality improvement. Is that only for the default Moto X camera app, or is it a system wide tweak that affects all camera app's image quality?

If the improvement is only made to the default Moto X camera app, it's pretty useless, for that you can download hundreds other camera apps.
    07-31-2014 06:01 PM
    Why wait for X+1, if the LG G2 already has a much better camera, and that is what he is looking for in a phone?

Also, given the track record of Motorola, I wouldn't put too much hope on X+1 having a much superior camera. I actually don't remember any Motorola phones with a good camera.

X+1 is coming soon. If you can wait, it will probably have a much better camera + all the current Moto X features and some new excellent ones.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    07-31-2014 06:12 PM
    Doesn't work for me, I got the update but not that feature?

You have to pass the proximity sensor next to the speaker up top. Once you know where it is, you can bring up the clock with a slight finger brush in the air.
    07-31-2014 07:30 PM
    Got mine yesterday VZW Dev Ed. Had to revert from TWRP to Stock to get it, using Moto X Tool Kit. Lost root. Reinstalled TWRP and SuperUser. Then Xposed and Gravity Box. Changed a whole bunch of stuff around in Gravity Box and now it looks and acts like a new phone!
    07-31-2014 10:20 PM
    Just downloaded itself by tonight. Not sure if I want to install it. Better camera is a plus. But I want to at least mess with xposed which I cant get to work yet.
    08-01-2014 12:36 AM
    I have been running this build for 3 days now and battery life has taken a serious hit for me.

Screen time is just under 2 hours.
    08-01-2014 12:51 AM
    Has anybody actually received this via OTA? It's strange to me that AC hasn't posted an article about this yet.
    I received it OTA this morning.
    08-01-2014 08:53 AM
    Ditto. Battery life took a hit. Hoping the os settles itself in a few days. On the other hand, signal strength jumped up a few bars, where I would normally see 1 or 2 bars.

Dont really recognize any improvement with picture quality though..

08-01-2014 09:13 AM
    Why wait for X+1, if the LG G2 already has a much better camera, and that is what he is looking for in a phone?

Also, given the track record of Motorola, I wouldn't put too much hope on X+1 having a much superior camera. I actually don't remember any Motorola phones with a good camera.
    I've been thinking about waiting but you're right, Moto hasn't been very good w/ cameras. Never really liked it on my Droid RAZR either. I just love Moto's build quality and features. It's a difficult choice
    08-01-2014 09:18 AM
    Just installed. Plugged in to wall outlet during install and battery is 10% lower than before install. And new dialer looks nice....if I was 5 years old.
    Edit: I do have more bars on 4G though.

Posted via AC App on Moto X
    08-01-2014 11:23 AM
    I'm using the stock SMS app and Motorola Connect to send and receive messages. Successfully sent/received with AT&T, Verizon, Verizon/iPhone, and Google Voice.
    I wiped cache yesterday and have done all kinds of testing since then and I believe that fixed my issue. Picture quality has also seemingly improved since which I am kinda dumbfounded by as I didn't think cache would have anything to do w/ that. Definitely less noisy but I plan on doing more thorough testing in a bar w/ plenty of neons, later.
    08-01-2014 01:07 PM
54 123