Verizon Moto X: 4.4.4 KitKat Update (212.56.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US)

techwxy

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Why wait for X+1, if the LG G2 already has a much better camera, and that is what he is looking for in a phone?

Also, given the track record of Motorola, I wouldn't put too much hope on X+1 having a much superior camera. I actually don't remember any Motorola phones with a good camera.

X+1 is coming soon. If you can wait, it will probably have a much better camera + all the current Moto X features and some new excellent ones.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't work for me, I got the update but not that feature?

Posted via Android Central App

You have to pass the proximity sensor next to the speaker up top. Once you know where it is, you can bring up the clock with a slight finger brush in the air.

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Got mine yesterday VZW Dev Ed. Had to revert from TWRP to Stock to get it, using Moto X Tool Kit. Lost root. Reinstalled TWRP and SuperUser. Then Xposed and Gravity Box. Changed a whole bunch of stuff around in Gravity Box and now it looks and acts like a new phone!

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded itself by tonight. Not sure if I want to install it. Better camera is a plus. But I want to at least mess with xposed which I cant get to work yet.

mattgob86

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have been running this build for 3 days now and battery life has taken a serious hit for me.
ytaha8eg.jpg
nanu6ahe.jpg

Screen time is just under 2 hours.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. Battery life took a hit. Hoping the os settles itself in a few days. On the other hand, signal strength jumped up a few bars, where I would normally see 1 or 2 bars.

Dont really recognize any improvement with picture quality though..

Posted via Android Central App

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Why wait for X+1, if the LG G2 already has a much better camera, and that is what he is looking for in a phone?

Also, given the track record of Motorola, I wouldn't put too much hope on X+1 having a much superior camera. I actually don't remember any Motorola phones with a good camera.

I've been thinking about waiting but you're right, Moto hasn't been very good w/ cameras. Never really liked it on my Droid RAZR either. I just love Moto's build quality and features. It's a difficult choice

mkurz12

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just installed. Plugged in to wall outlet during install and battery is 10% lower than before install. And new dialer looks nice....if I was 5 years old.
Edit: I do have more bars on 4G though.

Posted via AC App on Moto X

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the stock SMS app and Motorola Connect to send and receive messages. Successfully sent/received with AT&T, Verizon, Verizon/iPhone, and Google Voice.

I wiped cache yesterday and have done all kinds of testing since then and I believe that fixed my issue. Picture quality has also seemingly improved since which I am kinda dumbfounded by as I didn't think cache would have anything to do w/ that. Definitely less noisy but I plan on doing more thorough testing in a bar w/ plenty of neons, later.

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Got mine yesterday VZW Dev Ed. Had to revert from TWRP to Stock to get it, using Moto X Tool Kit. Lost root. Reinstalled TWRP and SuperUser. Then Xposed and Gravity Box. Changed a whole bunch of stuff around in Gravity Box and now it looks and acts like a new phone!

Seems a similar situation as mine, except my update retained root.

Very little preparation needed:
- flashed stock recovery (last month, to be ready)
- unchecked my one Xposed Module (tethering) and uninstalled Xposed Framework (just before taking the update).

After the update, I just had to reverse the above. (Haven't flashed TWRP yet, in case there's some correction update coming soon.)

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I got my update this morning, Verizon, in CT. No issues to report😊

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Crystal Ann79

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Moto X: 4.4.4 KitKat Update

I'm more anticipating the Android L update for my Moto X on Verizon. To be honest I couldn't care less about 4.4.4. I have it on my LG GPad Google Play Edition and there isn't any difference. I know the Android L update won't happen until at least the fall, but 4.4.2 is working fine on my Moto X.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma