Does trusted devices work with exchange PIN and encryption?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, if I ever go back to unrooted and stock email client my work email requires a PIN and encryption. Will bluetooth trusted devices still work?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, if I ever go back to unrooted and stock email client my work email requires a PIN and encryption. Will bluetooth trusted devices still work?

As far as I know, yes. I have corporate email with MobileIron and TouchDown on mine, and corporate policy requires an 8-character complex password and a lockout every 15 minutes. Bluetooth Trusted works fine for me. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
FYI this does not work. When I enable my exchange account and set it up as device admin the option for trusted devices is blocked 'due to administrator settings'.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
FYI this does not work. When I enable my exchange account and set it up as device admin the option for trusted devices is blocked 'due to administrator settings'.

Which is why I used Touchdown HD and now Nine for work email.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
great find with nine! i hate touchdown, mailwise *only* has conversation view (which i hate). Nine is fantastic!

Nine is amazing. The only thing I miss from Touchdown is the separate calendar since I liked having everything separate. In terms of UI, Touchdown is donut while Nine is KitKat.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234