Not locking screen on own

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
For past week or two my moto x won't lock on it's own. I have screen to timeout after a minute but I go to use phone and it's not locked.

Any help on how to fix

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The screen timeout is not the same as the lock interval. Go to Settings>Security>Automatically lock, and check what it's set to. You can set it anywhere from 30 minutes to Immediately.

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My phone doesn't have that setting. I'm on att if that matters. In security I have for screen is only lock style (slide, pattern etc) widgets and owner info.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What is the lock style set to? If it's None, there may not be a setting for Automatically Lock.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So your timeout is set in Settings>Display>Sleep? The manual says "To change your timeout (screen locks automatically), touch Settings>Display>Sleep" in the Controls & Customize section. Not sure if the manual is misleading--that's not typically where the screen lock setting is.

bennolen

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Resurrecting an old thread here. But my wife's Moto X has the exact same problem. Mine does not. I've reloaded her phone and the problem returned.

In fact, I just switched her out to a second gen Moto X and the problem followed her. I'm convinced it has to be something with her Gmail/Google profile, but I have no idea where to look.

Just like the OP, can't find any settings on the phone itself that would change this. Any other ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech