melcher70

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a case with your Moto X? I've been "naked" but after almost dropping my phone recently I've been thinking about a case. Are the clear cases protective? What are you using? I'd like something thin and something that won't hide the beauty of the phone.. But also protective.. If that's possible

Posted via Android Central App

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been naked since August. I just love the feel of the phone too much to put a case on it. Dropped it once and scuffed one edge but nothing too severe

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I use a Seidio with a kickstand over a TPU Case because I like to keep mine bare at home. I hate stretching out a case and I don't have to worry about that with the Seidio.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the cruiser light Androidify chase with Android and the printed circuit board I got out in the Sun for 8 bucks they come in many different colors I have clearance it's a thin silicone rubber case. And then run it but, actually dropped my phone today in this meant after my appointment which I usually never do when everything was fine thankfully for my case everything was fine...

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I use a TPU case. A couple months ago I dropped my phone (first time in a ***long*** time) and I drop-kicked it face-down 15 feet across a cement and brick patio and up against a concrete planter. The screen protector has a scratch and TPU is scuffed and two corners of the face have small dings (it hit hard enough to push the case back a bit). Dang right I use a case!

On a side note, people talk about the feel of the naked phone but I find it too thin to hold easily.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I use the Incipio Dual Pro case for the Moto X. I like the feel of the case. I tend to be some what of a clutz because each time I want to use the phone without a case I tend to drop it. I've been lucky to drop the phone on carpet but I can't take any chances.

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Griffin Reveal Case with a trimmed Xtremeguard wet-install back protector protecting the Reveal's clear back. Feels good, buttons easier to press than on TPU cases. Love it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
No case. Just a tempered glass screen protector. I am normally good at not dropping my phone and if I do it isn't the end of the world.

Posted with my MotoX, no case needed.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use the SUPCASE and love the feel of the case just as much as the phone so at home it goes naked but when I go out I put it's clothes back on.

Amazon.com: SUPCASE Motorola Moto X Phone Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Case - Clear/Black, Free HD Clear Screen Protector, Bubble Free Installation Instruction Included: Electronics

I also use this case in black / clear. It has an excellent feel and in my opinion, is one of the few cases and actually enhance the looks of the Moto X. It feels really good in the hand and protects the phone really well . I work outside all day and my phone is exposed to all kinds of weather conditions, bumps and never gets set down on a clean surface. I feel confident this case will protect my phone in all but the worse conditions. I also use a screen protector, if I didn't my screen would look pretty bad. I usually change screen protectors every two weeks or so.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

jethrodsp

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the Qmadix case that was on special at shopandroid.com and its awesome. Protects the phone, looks great, and the buttons are still highly "clicky" which I love.

The only gripes are that the back is slick plastic, and I don't have the dimple anymore, but those are minor to me. I highly recommend it if you're in the market.

Unfortunately for us, the market for Moto X cases is relatively bare..

Attachments

• 28808.jpg
    28808.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 32

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Griffin Reveal Case with a trimmed Xtremeguard wet-install back protector protecting the Reveal's clear back. Feels good, buttons easier to press than on TPU cases. Love it.

"I heard you like cases, so I put a case on your case..." ;)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a simple cheap TPU case back in February that is semi-transparent so my Ingress faction badge shows through.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E24YUAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've dropped the phone several times and nothing has broken yet. The case is yellowing a bit but it yellows to an almost "smoke" tone which isn't too bad.

It has a nice grippy feel without being sticky, sticks up from the screen a bit so setting the phone screen-down means the screen is not touching the table, and the buttons have a nice feel to them.

Con: It gets rid of the little "dimple" in the back of the phone which I really missed for a while.

Major criteria was "cheap until I find something nice with a kickstand" (former Thunderbolt user, loves me some kickstand!), but it's been good enough that I've just stuck with it.

mojofusion

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Griffen Reveal is the best. Slides on easily, side buttons are easy to press. Raised edges in front keep screen from touching the table.

diablo9

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Are you using a case with your Moto X? I've been "naked" but after almost dropping my phone recently I've been thinking about a case. Are the clear cases protective? What are you using? I'd like something thin and something that won't hide the beauty of the phone.. But also protective.. If that's possible

I use these;
PureGear - Case with kickstand + holster for Motorola Moto X

College Collection Cases for Moto X at Motorola

Durables Wallet for Moto X by DODOcase