Vastly enhanced active notifications on 4.4.4 (Verizon)

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that where active notifications used to activate with barely a nudge, my phone is now on, 4.4.4 and active notifications seems to require a substantial nudge... Although, as you bring the phone up to your viewing angle it seems to activate every time.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Edit: my intent is to compliment the software. I see a big improvement... It's not in the change log that I've heard of but I might have missed that news

Posted via Android Central App

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed a difference in that but the wave hand over the screen trick to see notifications is a neat change.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Haven't noticed a difference in that but the wave hand over the screen trick to see notifications is a neat change.

I was able to do this before the update to 4.4.4 (Verizon) with 4.4.2, seems a little more sensitive to that movement now though.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be the opposite of yours. It seems much more sensitive to me.

Weird. I can now put my device on my desk and bring my fist down pretty hard to jostle the phone. The screen isn't turning on. But when I lift it, the screen immediately pulses... The difference isn't huge as compared to 4.4.2 but it is noticeable.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that it works more consistently so far. But that's about it. But my touchless controls are being super sensitive to the guys on the radio now. I need to redo that I think.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I can now put my device on my desk and bring my fist down pretty hard to jostle the phone. The screen isn't turning on. But when I lift it, the screen immediately pulses... The difference isn't huge as compared to 4.4.2 but it is noticeable.

That is strange. I can have it sitting on my coffee table, set a cup down close to it, and the clock will show up. Mine seems to activate with the slightest bit of motion or vibration.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine is stil sensitive like it was with 4.4.2 . Still lights up when my coffee cup touches the desk. When I pick up the phone up from having it face up real slow to see if I can fool the sensors, no way. Pulling it out of the holster always brings up the time or email or missed phone call notification..every time.
I feel this is one of the best features about the Moto X that sets it apart from the rest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke