hangouts

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
hi, i want to cancel the text messaging on my verizon plan and only use hangouts. how do i make sure that the messages coming in will not be charged to my account? thanks

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got to believe that if you receive text messages without a text plan you will be charged for them on an individual basis. Maybe there's a way to block all text messages from coming to your phone. Have you tried asking Verizon?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, when you send a text message through hangouts, it sends it as a text thus creating a charge. Now you can also just send a hangout, which uses your Google account like iMessage uses your Apple ID. There is no way to send a text with hangouts and it being free. However there are apps that let you do so.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
You cannot use hangouts to send a free text but you can use google voice from/to your google voice number

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hangouts allows you to block individual numbers from texting you. I know it might take a while, but you could go through your contacts and block every number that way.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
can i use my verizon cell number with google voice for texting?

Yes you can, but Google Voice does not support MMS so you can not send pictures or multimedia messages

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can, but Google Voice does not support MMS so you can not send pictures or multimedia messages

I use Google Voice for voice mail and texting. My Google Voice app only receives texts to/from my Google Voice phone number. How do you get it to use your Verizon cell number and have the texts still be free?

Sent from my Moto X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12