Does having two calendar apps on your phone use more battery?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering about this...I believe they use the same storage file so would using two calendars use more battery? I use Pure Calendar Widget and want to use the Google Calendar instead of the Moto calendar. Problem is if I disable the Moto calendar Pure Calendar Widget doesn't see the Google Calendar.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I had Samsungs, I used to have 2 calendars all the time, didn't really notice an excessive drain. Used Google to add stuff, and Samsung to look at it ( I liked the UI of the Samsung calendar). I was under the impression that the Moto X calendar was the same as Google.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
You could go into settings and turn off notifications on one of them. It should reduce the amount of battery use by the one you turned off to almost nil.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering about this...I believe they use the same storage file so would using two calendars use more battery? I use Pure Calendar Widget and want to use the Google Calendar instead of the Moto calendar. Problem is if I disable the Moto calendar Pure Calendar Widget doesn't see the Google Calendar.

dont know why it behaves like that since the calendar data is stored in "Calendar storage" (you will see this in app section) rather than "Calendar" app.

try this. disable Moto calendar, install google calendar. Clear data/cache of pure and open it again