Moto Assist, Reading Texts While Driving, Volume Really Low

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I think I saw someone post about this recently, but I couldn't find the thread.

I've noticed since the Kit Kat update (Moto X VZW), that Moto Assist is having trouble reading my texts while I'm driving. I connect to my car stereo via bluetooth, and previously, if I was playing music through the phone and a text came through, it would pause the music, announce the text, and ask if I wanted to hear it out loud.

Now, it still asks if I want to hear the message, but the volume is so low, I have to turn my stereo all the way up and can still barely hear it. When a text comes in while driving, it sounds like the music just pauses. The only reason I know it is a text is because I keep my phone in a dock on the dash and I can see the screen. I know the commands by now, so even though I can't hear the prompt, I say "listen", turn the volume all the way up (can still barely hear the text being read aloud) and then have to turn it back down immediately so as not to blow my speakers when the music starts up again.

Anyone else having this issue?

BuckNut23

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I've been having this issue for a while and have yet to find a fix for it. I've tried all the alternate audio channel settings that Moto Assist has but nothing has changed. If anyone has found a work-around, I would also love to know what it is.

FSRBIKER

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me also. I have noticed that if for some reason my notification volume is low and I then connect to BT I can get the Moto Assist volume to be louder if I then hit the volume key. Seems like the Assist volume is using the notification volume setting and not the BT volume like it should. I never had this issue when I first got the phone, only after one of the updates.

Android Adenoid

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
What happens if you use the volume up button on the phone (not your car stereo) when you get the text message? Does that make the text message louder and is the music volume "normal" after?

FSRBIKER

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't help me, I need to turn the Notification volume up in settings. For some reason after one of the updates it doesn't seem like Assist uses the Bluetooth volume when bluetooth is connected but uses the Notification volume instead.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't help me, I need to turn the Notification volume up in settings. For some reason after one of the updates it doesn't seem like Assist uses the Bluetooth volume when bluetooth is connected but uses the Notification volume instead.

Yup, this did the trick for me. Not sure why notification volume doesn't always increase with ringer volume (to me it's seems logical to tie them together). Also, I agree, not sure why Assist doesn't use Bluetooth volume, but at least it's working.

steveg2112

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called simple volume that allows you to tie the different volume options together so that volume rocker, in my case, controls both ringer and notification volumes and keeps them at the same level.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma