Moto X after one year - my thoughts

efstuck

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

With the impending release of Moto X+1, price drops and now motorola offering free wooden back for moto x until august 21st - I thought i'd share my likes/dislikes about the phone after using it for a year.

Pros:
Battery life - probably my favorite part about this phone
Android performance - really smooth switching between apps, opening/closing, menus etc. Rarely do i experience major / long slowdowns, just the occasional one which is pretty good for a 1 year phone.
Features - active notifications is great. motorola connect is really handy for me especially at work since i am at the desk. touchless controls is nice to use in the car. wrist flick for camera is awesome.
Build quality feels pretty solid still, thin sleek...

Cons:
CAMERA - washed up images, colors are so dull ...by far the worst part of the phone...please fix in the Moto X+1!!
touchless controls is fickle - not really a moto X problem but more of a google now issue - doesn't always do what you want to do or takes a couple tries to activate.

Personal / Neutral Issues:
Screen Size I like this 4.7" screen. It is great for single handed use. I actualyl found my S3 to be a tad too long for my thumb to reach the notification bar..but this is a personal preference.

Overall I think this is a really solid phone and probably my favorite phone AFTER a full year of use. I know I have had too many phones where the battery starts draining or performance just slowed to a crawl after a year and just having that NOT happen ...gives the moto X a big thumbs up in my book.

If you need more information, you can check out this video on my Moto X after using it for a year here:

Moto X Review : One Year Later - YouTube

Anyways, hope that helps you make a decision and let me know if you have any questions

Cheers,
Ken

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Agree completely. I'd still take the Moto X over any phone currently available, despite the poor camera quality. Hopefully the X+1 fixes that :D

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Every year I tend to buy the new Galaxy S and then another random phone from someone else that I feel is better. Bought the Moto X and didn't buy the S5. I just felt like it's feature set was irreplaceable.

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Moto X on launch day, tried a Galaxy S4 and HTC One M8 and went back to the Moto each time. The Moto size is really about perfect, and the Moto is just a lot more useful. Active notifications are helpful and voice controls are just so much better than other Android options. The only downside is the camera, and it's been improving a bit with updates.

The bottom line (for me) is that the Moto is the best all-rounder still!

Posted via the Android Central App

efstuck

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I've tried the Galaxy and iPhone's but i'm itching to try something new. Phablet, HTC One, LG G3, Oneplus one. Soon soon...

Don't get me wrong, i love my moto x..i just..like man-toys. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37