03-10-2017 04:38 PM
68 123
tools
    Instead of hitting pause if you instead hit in the bar where you can start typing and not the button that says tap to pause, it will stop the recording and allow you to either type, send, or record more onto the message. Its an extra button but the other option is to hit send when you are done voice to texting the message.
    04-18-2015 07:52 PM
    Instead of hitting pause if you instead hit in the bar where you can start typing and not the button that says tap to pause, it will stop the recording and allow you to either type, send, or record more onto the message. Its an extra button but the other option is to hit send when you are done voice to texting the message.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. They way it goes for me is that I hit record, say a phrase and then it just types it in twice. What I have found is that if I hit delete right after seeing that its typed it twice it will delete the entire second phrase
    04-18-2015 08:55 PM
    Same thing began to happen to me about a week ago, right out of the blue. I have a Galaxy S3 (Verizon), Android 4.4.2. I noticed it in texting, in the Jota text editor, and in Google docs. It happens with the Google voice recognition service, which has always worked great for me, and has been immeasurably useful... until now. NOTE: Sometimes, if the keyboard icon appears alongside the microphone icon -- then I can tap the keyboard icon and return to keyboard entry without the duplication. I think that happens when it times out, and the microphone icon turns white, and it asks you to 'Tap to speak', to continue dictating. If the red microphone icon persists (as it was doing indefinitely for me, due to some slight background noise), then you have to hit the microphone icon again to pause, and get the keyboard icon, and when you do that, it duplicates the last thing dictated.
    04-26-2015 09:29 PM
    I uninstalled my voice to text updates and it has now stopped.
    06-12-2015 10:26 AM
    Uninstalled updates. Didn't change anything.
    shook187 likes this.
    06-14-2015 10:45 AM
    This problem just started a couple of days ago on my Note 4 phone. Very aggravating. Hope someone can analyze and solve!
    06-14-2015 10:58 PM
    This problem just started a couple of days ago on my Note 4 phone. Very aggravating. Hope someone can analyze and solve!
    06-15-2015 03:03 PM
    I'm having the same issue. . NOTE 4 on verizon... just started a few days ago. never had the issue before I've had the phone for 4. Had a note 2 prior and did have the issue with that at some point also (it even did it when I was posting into this forum)! there must be a solution somewhere!
    06-15-2015 03:07 PM
    Same thing started happening to me a couple of weeks ago with my Samsung Galaxy S6. On voice to text, when I stop talking and send the text, it repeats everything I just said on the text and I have to delete it so I don't send it again accidentally. Any solutions yet?
    06-15-2015 08:40 PM
    I am on a galaxy s3 and on virgin mobile networks, & I just started getting this same problem. I will say a block of text, and after I pause for a bit, the phone tries to replicate the entire block of text, although it frequently makes more errors in the second time that it puts the text through.I recorded a video of it, but I can't post it as I don't have enough posts here to allow links.
    06-16-2015 12:58 AM
    I uninstalled my voice to text updates and it has now stopped.
    I uninstalled my Google update and it stopped the duplication instantly unfortunately it does an automatic update the next dayand it is Groundhog Day all over again.
    06-16-2015 02:37 PM
    I'm having the same problem here too. Galaxy s6 on AT&T. its been doing it for a few weeks now. I know it wasn't doing this when I first got the phone. This is my first Android, so far so good besides this problem.

So it seems that nobody looks at this forum to address this issue?
    Its only been going on for over a year now I see???!!!
    06-16-2015 11:14 PM
    I called AT&T today with this problem, which has been happening for several days now. Samsung S III. They had me wipe the phone and start from scratch. At first the problem seemed fixed, then as programs updated it came right back. So don't let anyone convince you to reset everything which creates the hassle of having to insert passwords again, download music, etc. "Andre" the tech said he hadn't heard of this until today and mine was the second instance. I advised him to review all the posts going back around a year about it. He thinks it's a software prob (Duh!). I think it's because of some program "updating" Now if we could only discover which one that is. Moral: DON"T reset your whole phone. Sorry I don't have a solution, just advice to avoid the hassle of resetting. If you are the one to figure this out, you are officially my hero!
    06-17-2015 12:52 AM
    "I uninstalled my Google update and it stopped the duplication instantly"

I did that, and it worked.
    06-19-2015 01:43 AM
    Ok, I was able to fix it myself as well. I uninstalled all Google Now updates, then reinstalled the app and everything seems to be working well now.
    06-19-2015 12:02 PM
    Offers99 above said that Google Now reappeared the next day (presumably along with the problem).

Mine is a Galaxy 4 running on T-Mobile, so pretty much every provider and Galaxy model since 3 has had this problem. Hard to believe it hasn't been fixed after all this time.

Let us know if the Google Now removal helps beyond one day?
    06-19-2015 06:22 PM
    I'm having the same issue. AT&T Note 4. Talk to text will duplicate dictation a second time. Very annoying.
    06-24-2015 10:35 AM
    It drives me crazy. I think if you tap the microphone symbol and it goes back to keyboard showing it sometimes will stop that duplication.
    06-24-2015 10:57 AM
    Same problem on Samsung S4 with ATT. Tried uninstalling Google Text to Speech updates. No change. Cannot find the Google Now app people are talking about. Can this app be called something else on an S4 or is there another app for which updated can be removed?
    06-25-2015 12:46 PM
    Which google update?
    06-25-2015 12:47 PM
    I think it's just called Google or Google Search with a white "g" on a blue background. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quicksearchbox
    06-25-2015 01:13 PM
    I went to my settings, applications, application manager, tap google, then tap on uninstall updates. A couple of times it will ask you to confirm, say yes. It did work for me.
    06-25-2015 11:28 PM
    Yes correcto,it's the "Google Inc." app,uninstall updates and viola!
    06-28-2015 10:33 PM
    Yes correcto,uninstall updates for "Google Inc."app and viola!
    06-28-2015 10:34 PM
    Yes uninstall updates for "Google Inc"and voila!
    06-28-2015 10:36 PM
68 123