Voice to Text keeps duplicating!

liamfinn8888

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
literally every time I do voice to text to send a text message I will send that text and then the entire thing I "wrote" comes up in the text dialog box again and I have to delete it, driving me crazy, any tips?

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This started happening to me too about a week ago, no clue why. It doesn't happen every time but enough to be annoying. Any fixes would be appreciated.

jmettee

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
This appears to be related to the voice to text issue that I posted about earlier this week. I have also noticed this happening. It seems that if you do a text with voice to text and it doesn't complete the sentence, after you send what you have text field repeats with the complete sentence. Here is the post that I made describing it:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=427291

I haven't been able to associate it with any recent update, so I'm unable to uninstall updates or try to otherwise fix the problem that I'm having.

Posted via Android Central App

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
This appears to be related to the voice to text issue that I posted about earlier this week. I have also noticed this happening. It seems that if you do a text with voice to text and it doesn't complete the sentence, after you send what you have text field repeats with the complete sentence. Here is the post that I made describing it:

Speech to Text not as good as it was - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I haven't been able to associate it with any recent update, so I'm unable to uninstall updates or try to otherwise fix the problem that I'm having.

Posted via Android Central App

I am having the same issue. The systems hangs up on the last word and punctuation of the sentence you are dictating and if you try to send the text when the systems hangs it will repeat in it's entirety on the next field. Only work around is to tap the pause when the systems hangs. This will force it to complete the sentence and you can send your text without it repeating on the next field.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
What service providers are you guys with this issue on? What specific apps are you seeing this on? I'm on Verizon & have not had this issue you are reporting. I use voice to text for SMS, IM, email, Google keep etc all the time with no issues. Stock Moto X, 4.4.4.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I use hangouts for SMS & IM. I use the Gmail app and the Hotmail app for my email. I wonder why some phones are having this problem.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

James Lyons

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here, Verizon Galaxy S4. Last work of voice to text takes forever to complete and sometimes I hit send and the exact line I just sent shows back up in the send space. One thing, I remember seeing this years ago on my Droid 3.

I use Hangouts and Textra, but it did this using Hello also.

oregondroid

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Happens to me too. Getting frustrated. I'm on Verizon.
Wife has the same phone bought at the same time with the same software and not having a problem.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
literally every time I do voice to text to send a text message I will send that text and then the entire thing I "wrote" comes up in the text dialog box again and I have to delete it, driving me crazy, any tips?

Are you or anyone else with this problem using Google Voice by chance?

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was a setting on the phone... but, I cannot find anything that changes the poor performance (both slow and poorly accurate)... and the random duplication are a giant pain in the ***.

What is going on?? I am assuming Google is aware that something has broke, right?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Looking at something I posted I've apparently had this problem since 2012 on several different phones. I'm currently on a Verizon Droid Turbo. Its super annoying. Its not app specific. Any solutions? Anyone call Verizon?

Alexphilly69

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
actually, when i tap the pause button is when the text duplicates. Amazing how unusable voice to text is right now. Whatever they did completely eliminated one of the phone's features.

Ivy Monroe

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to post on an old thread, but this is the top result on Google when searching "text to speech" + duplicate. It also seems like this is popping up on a few more devices around the web lately. This started happening to me about a month ago if I recall correctly. I haven't updated firmwares recently. This bug seems to be across very select apps, and doesn't always want to show up. Some people were blaming Google Talkback*, but even with it uninstalled and a reboot this problem prosiest. I know people always want to blame the custom ROM any time something goes wrong (because usually IT IS the ROM) but this has been a very stable mod, and as shown above this is happening on a lot of devices most all claim to be stock. For me I have had this happen on G-Mail, ChompSMS, and Clash of Clans that I know of for sure. It seems to only do this if I tap the microphone after it has displayed the text. Usually I would retrain myself to tap the keyboard (instead of the microphone) when I'm done speaking, but my Bluetooth isn't that smart. Also, It doesn't always mess up, even when using the method above.

*Please note, I do not use the Google Talkback feature. It is bloatware I haven't felt compelled to remove.

Spec:
Build NF9