SwiftKey keyboard

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I have a question for everyone... Does anyone here using SwiftKey keyboard at all? And so does anyone know why you so much RAM memory to run it always crashes. Or as always I get it blacking out a theme on top of the keyboard, and blacks itself out and needs time to reset itself. Does anyone else experience this ? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I've used SwiftKey on multiple devices for long time and the only problem I've never had is lag when opening after they added emoji.

Sent from my XT1060

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you using a task manager for your device? If you are, and the app is using a high amount of RAM, it may be force closing it. Does it happen with other keyboards or just SK?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a task manager for your device? If you are, and the app is using a high amount of RAM, it may be force closing it. Does it happen with other keyboards or just SK?

Now it only happens with SwiftKey unfortunately! I love the keyboard! It's just that it crashes so often I'm running stock rom I'm not rooted anymore... I'm in Renton, I'm running an orange theme over SwiftKey, but even before they made their custom themes for the keyboard, the keyboard with the same freakin why it crashes a lot in any given application email, text, whatever it is. I love the algorithms at the use for predictions of course but its almost getting so annoying and there's no discussion forum to post anything in the Google Play Store. So he can do is go to their website and see what other users are saying about it that doesn't help me much. There's no response email that I can send them either.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Now it only happens with SwiftKey unfortunately! I love the keyboard! It's just that it crashes so often I'm running stock rom I'm not rooted anymore... I'm in Renton, I'm running an orange theme over SwiftKey, but even before they made their custom themes for the keyboard, the keyboard with the same freakin why it crashes a lot in any given application email, text, whatever it is. I love the algorithms at the use for predictions of course but its almost getting so annoying and there's no discussion forum to post anything in the Google Play Store. So he can do is go to their website and see what other users are saying about it that doesn't help me much. There's no response email that I can send them either.

Are you using a task manager though?
Anyway...you can email the developer here: SwiftKey - Contact us

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a task manager though?
Anyway...you can email the developer here: SwiftKey - Contact us

I'm not but at the same time, SwiftKey constantly uses more memory than it probably should. It uses as much memory as Facebook does and it's just a keyboard.. I find that interesting... Thanks for the link though. I appreciate it.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I used Swiftkey for a long time but stopped using it several months ago due to a problem with haptic feedback. The vibrate on key press would constantly stop and start in the middle of typing. Very annoying. I emailed Swiftkey and they replied and acknowledged the issue but it hasn't been fixed in any of their latest updates. I've been using google keyboard in the meantime and have been mostly happy. The only thing I miss from Swiftkey is the top number row.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
eric002, have you tried clearing app cache & data, uninstalling, and then reinstalling? Did any of this possibly happen after you updated Android?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
How is this not an easy way to contact SwiftKey? 😕
Actually technically speaking, when you're on the Swiftkey website, they have you fill out an email form and you can't even filling out if you're using the SwiftKey keyboard verses of the products to use. As far as have I try to clear cache? Yes I've even tried to uninstall the keyboard once or twice but even the past time that I used to lift you have to send me like this use the algorithms for the keyboard works great, predictions are wonderful. But the pop-up time is very delayed other people right, and it crashes a lot... I'm not trying to Google keyboard again and I'm not unhappy with it so far... The only thing I miss is the theme of it that SwiftKey offered but I'll deal with it for now I guess...

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Well.. I'm thoroughly confused. Do you proofread before you post regardless of what keyboard you are using? A lot of your posts are difficult to follow

Sent from my XT1060

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well.. I'm thoroughly confused. Do you proofread before you post regardless of what keyboard you are using? A lot of your posts are difficult to follow

Sent from my XT1060

Actually no they're not hard to follow I'm using Google Voice typing and everything thoroughly laid out for you...anyways, regardless, I have just uninstalled the Swiftkey keyboard and of course,the google keyboard is working much faster without a doubt!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually no they're not hard to follow I'm using Google Voice typing and everything thoroughly laid out for you...anyways, regardless, I have just uninstalled the Swiftkey keyboard and of course,the google keyboard is working much faster without a doubt!

I'm not sure if there are any other keyboards that have themes. But at least it's working now :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if there are any other keyboards that have themes. But at least it's working now :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Yes yes absolutely thankfully it's working better now with the popup delay and it takes much less RAM memory to run excetera excetera...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463