Getting Bored

Ashley_Renee79

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
OK call me crazy but I am getting bored with my Moto X. I have had so many smart phones in the last 2 years(iPhone 4s and 5, S3, note 2, S4, HTC One). I love the moto x in so many ways but at the same time getting bored. It works flawlessly and the active notifications rock. Am I crazy for wanting to look for something else? What can I do to freshen it up? I have not rooted or unlocked the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
OK call me crazy but I am getting bored with my Moto X. I have had so many smart phones in the last 2 years(iPhone 4s and 5, S3, note 2, S4, HTC One). I love the moto x in so many ways but at the same time getting bored. It works flawlessly and the active notifications rock. Am I crazy for wanting to look for something else? What can I do to freshen it up? I have not rooted or unlocked the phone.

Wait a few weeks to see what the X+1 brings.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Go ahead and try something else. Based on your history nothing is going to truly satisfy you. And as long as you can afford the expense just keep jumping to the next thing that catches your eye.

Ashley_Renee79

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Wow Hisense, that was harsh. I have just been lucky and haven't actually paid out of pocket for a phone since my 4s, and that was paid for using $ from selling a phone I owned. I have been lucky enough to find amazing deals and make some trades. I was also asking if anyone has done any mods or hacks to their phone to add some variety.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The next Moto X is coming very soon. If you can hold out to see what it offers, I'm almost willing to bet that will be your next phone.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
If you want to change up the look a bit, a new launcher, theme/wallpaper, and/or icon pack go a long way towards changing the look without too much work.

firedoug

May 3, 2013
Visit site
If you want to change up the look a bit, a new launcher, theme/wallpaper, and/or icon pack go a long way towards changing the look without too much work.

+1

Change your run time to ART.... I am ATT 4.4.4 and ART is working flawless for me, seems to pepped up the phone and battery is lasting longer too.

I am running Nova launcher and I have all my animation speeds increased in both Nova and Android under developer options. Phone responds very lively.

Couple of other changes I made that have made the phone more useable...... I am not a fan of the stock dialer/contact in stock android.... replaced it with Dialer One. Same with my SMS client using Textra.

Good luck hope one of these suggestions help

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am running a totally stock phone as well.
I do have Nova Prime as my launcher though. I have had Nova Prime on the phone for almost as long as I had the phone.
I can set how many Home screens I have by using a setting in Nova Prime as well as remove the Google Persistance Search Bar.
I'm going to check out the info as it becomes available on the Moto X+1,it may be my next phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was also asking if anyone has done any mods or hacks to their phone to add some variety.

Root, install a custom recovery, create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM, and install Xposed Framework. That will allow you to drastically change things like the navigation button arrangement, color, along with the status bar color and set up. I did that and had blaze orange, grey, Sapphire blue, lime green, crimson, just to name a few.

timmy2702

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I think you should spend more time to play with your phone more (like trying to root, develop,...)!! I know we, as people, easily get bored about something when we get used to it. You are the same with me! However, imo, spending more time online and researching new techniques about my phone keep things more interesting! You should try it

Cindy B1

May 18, 2014
Visit site
What about it bores you? It's not a video game console. It can't do performances for you. I agree that you probably bore easily (regarding this type of thing) or you would not constantly be looking for a new phone. I am curious what kind of "variety" would be added by hacking or modding the phone. Would it "do" more interesting things or still just make phone calls, emails, text messages, music.....Perhaps you need a different kind of toy such as a fitbit, or they have these sports trainer things to help with your golf swing etc. The Verizon store near me is a "smart" store and they have some neat accessories.

I like when it reads me my text messages so I can listen to them when my hands are busy (working or cleaning). I sometimes do ask it "what's up" but my life is pretty quiet, so not much is usually up. Maybe you just need more people to text and email you all day.

mygntp

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there everyone!

I am new here but am excited because I love finding out about new apps for the Android and sharing about the ones that I like!

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
+1

Change your run time to ART.... I am ATT 4.4.4 and ART is working flawless for me, seems to pepped up the phone and battery is lasting longer too.

I am running Nova launcher and I have all my animation speeds increased in both Nova and Android under developer options. Phone responds very lively.

Couple of other changes I made that have made the phone more useable...... I am not a fan of the stock dialer/contact in stock android.... replaced it with Dialer One. Same with my SMS client using Textra.

Good luck hope one of these suggestions help

Yup, these are good suggestions.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow Hisense, that was harsh. I have just been lucky and haven't actually paid out of pocket for a phone since my 4s, and that was paid for using $ from selling a phone I owned. I have been lucky enough to find amazing deals and make some trades. I was also asking if anyone has done any mods or hacks to their phone to add some variety.

Sorry about that. Did not mean to be harsh. But I now see how my response came across, etc. Honestly, meant that some folks like to experiment and as long as one has the funds nothing wrong with trying new devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781